Home Chat Race Chat

Hatfield Tri (Aldwick Tri Club)

Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
Has anyone done the above Tri? I am between this and the Blithfield one near Stafford. Just worried as the Hatfield Tri is run by the Aldwick Tri Club rather than an event organiser. (Both on the 23rd July)

A couple of Q's

1) have you done Hatfield? What is it like? Is it well organised?
2) In general is a Tri Club run Tri as well organised as one run by an Events Organiser?

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• Yes I did this event last year as my first triathlon and I've entered this year it's a good event and run by a friendly and knowledge gang of people, give it a go
  • doogledoogle Posts: 58
    Also did this race last year as my first open water.
    Good organisation, clean water, friendly helpers and spectators.
    definately reccommend this race.

only slight negative is the bike route is about 3km long
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Did Doogle miss the turn off,I thought the bike was a tadge longer.Straight roads,but abit open to the cross winds,prevailing wind is usually SW,so slight tail wind on way out and headwind after the turn around.Well organised,I've done the race about 5 times,take care on the run into transition after the swim as they had put down matting which started to accumulate water as the swimmers entered T1,I don't think I was the only one who fell A over T.
    Having said the organisation was good I have had a couple of hiccups,in the days before the Interweb I didn't get my race info until the tuesday after the race,I have turned up to find my name has been taken off the race entries,and one year they kindly gave me an extra bonus 30mins for my swim time which kind of pushed me down to the bottom of the race results.
  • doogledoogle Posts: 58
    Should clarify that the bike course is about 3km too long (23km not 20km as advertised).

still a great race though
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I haven't done it before but I'm entered this year - will be my first OW of the season, before the club relays at Holme Pierrepont. See some of you there?
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    I am entered into this event too - never done it before, the Rother Valley Tri was 24.5km so at least the bike leg will be shorter than that.
  • Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    Guys, In case you want to say hello I'm Chris, 6' 4" tall, blue standard type race bike with random white lettering and blue tyres, orca s2 orange wetsuit, will be wearing an orange and white cycle top throughout.

Did the bike and run course last weekend (in a downpour) and I have gotta say the bike section is pretty uneventful (apart from the main roundabout off the M180!) and the run is on grass and is a bit lumpy. Considering the trail shoes if it's as wet as last eekend!

Saw you at Rother Valley Gav, wasn't in the mood for introductions though as was minitues from my first ever Tri start - will change that this time!!
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Bike course was about 15 miles by my computer and checking on Google. That's about 24k; I thought the roads were reasonable with the exception of some niggling cross winds coming back along the A18.

Didn't have a good race myself but generally enjoyed the experience. Hope neither of you two got caught up in the accident on the Eastbound leg. I hear somebody broke a crank...