Home Chat General Chat

Foor & Quintata Roo wetsuits? - PURCHASE MADE!

[toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
Anyone got one?

Heading down to TriUk on the weekend to try on some of there wetsuits

any opinions?

Or Quintana Roo ?

Comments

• starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    I have a Foor quantum 1 that I hired then bought does the job nicely next suit I buy will be a tad less bouyant though as im better at swimming now . The staff at Tri uk really seemed to know there stuff.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I ordered a foor HQ from them as i was having terrible trouble finding one to fit as i am v. busty with broad shoulders and a small waist. I am really pleased with both the suit and the service, the suit is really stretchy too and nice and cheap!

would definitely recommend tri-uk, though beware them attempting to (gently!) try and sell you a wetsuit slightly up the price range. this was met with a raucous laugh from me and they shrugged and laughed and mentioned something about sales patter working on some people. Hmmmm, people with a big budget! lol

Good luck
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Jesster wrote:
    i am v. busty with broad shoulders and a small waist
    WTF - No request for pictures from comanighttrain yet ??
  • u_j_2001u_j_2001 Posts: 47
    I hired the Foor HQ1 (Quantom1) wetsuit earlier this season - the cheapest rental on the market.
    Have done 2 sprint tri's at Dorney lake with it and quite happy and plan to do London Tri in a few weeks with it as well.
    The buoyancy is superb, especially in the legs - which is great for me. I feel really fast in it and my results prove it.
    I did however feel slightly restricted in the shoulders last race, wasn't too bad as it was only 750m swim, if you plan on doing more than OD I recommend buying something better, otherwise seems like a great value for money suit.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    So I went down to TriUK today and came away with a Foor Quantum.
    The guy in the shop was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Tried it out in thier endless pool and it felt really good, though seeing my stroke in the mirror in the pool made me realise I need to work on it a bit.

• risris Posts: 1,002
    glad to hear you got sorted out well there [toPh], i didn't realise they were so close... maybe i'll create a useful diversion next time i am heading south.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    ris wrote:
    glad to hear you got sorted out well there [toPh], i didn't realise they were so close... maybe i'll create a useful diversion next time i am heading south.
    Not that close, about 1hr 15m from Bristol.

Though I've just turned it through the right way after drying it only to find a rip in the right butt cheek!

Will be on the phone to them in the morning to hopefully get it sorted.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i tend to assume that anything useful in the things i do tend to be in places like manchester, birmingham or london.

the idea of a proper triathlon store in yeovil, where i might even go past a few times a year, will only be a bad thing for my wallet!

i hope they sort out the suit quickly for you.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    that was one hell of a trump! happy swimming!