Home Chat General Chat

Drinking Wall of Shame 2

md6md6 Posts: 969
Well I couldn't (in my current state) find the old drinking wall of shame so i thought thta i'd just start a new one...

unfortunately I must confess to having had one too many yesterday and feeling like hell. completely writing off my planned lunchtime tempo run too...I'm very disappointed in myself

So who else has been a little free and easy with the beers?

Comments

• My avatar is me going round the wrong way on the german tram system...takes the train about 1hr 45 mins and people were going to work whilst me and my mate sanchez were still bouncing around the train wasted...I love Germany
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    comanighttrain wrote:
    My avatar is me going round the wrong way on the german tram system
    What avatar?

Two stella's and a glass of vino last night after doing the JP Morgan Chase Challenge.

Never again by the way... 13,000 people squeezing through Battersea park thoroughfare's. Not the place for a pb.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I missed out on the JPM thing this week with a nigrain (ours was on wednesday) but it was a good laugh last year but i agree you have no chance of a pb unless you're one of the front 3 rows of people, then again it's quite twisty course too. Do they still have that slightly creul dog leg at the very end so you think only 200m to go, then you find the course goes away from the finish line you can see off to the side and you end up doing another 4/500m, busted a gut last year thinking i was almost there...i wasn't. That said it was that race that made me decide to start running again...
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Aahh! I saw loads of people milling around with race numbers and things on, both yesterday and Wednesday. I wondered what that was about.

You find out so much on this forum!
  • [img:10nfccwz]http://www.subfighter.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?avatar=7726_1247155979.jpg[/img:10nfccwz]

its broke again....why cant they use PHPBB3 the same way as evryone else
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    md6 wrote:
    Do they still have that slightly creul dog leg at the very end so you think only 200m to go, then you find the course goes away from the finish line you can see off to the side and you end up doing another 4/500m, busted a gut last year thinking i was almost there...i wasn't
    I did exactly the same!!!
  • Did the JP run last night in about 28mins swiftly followed by 2 pints of Heineken and a Turkish meal .. technically a kebab but the way it should be at a very good Turkish restaurant
    Out for a few again tonight then at the London Triathlon OW swim training tomorrow at 10:30.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    If any of you chaps noticed an Ambulance response car in the shell petrol station on wansdworth road that night - that was me!!!!!....I wondered what the hundreds of people milling out the park was for.

Never seen so many people looking like they had no idea where they were going.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Oh and last weekend - went away with some mates from work camping. Still paying for it now.
    Glad to see that I am not the only one who has slipped up recently...

yeah that last bit is really cheeky.

Saltbar 28mins is quite a good time given how busy it is in there, and Turkish food is fantastic!
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    I'm out for a few tonight - going to be at Liquid Leisure at 7. better take it easy
  • Thanks, we had some runners in our work team complete it in sub 20mins ...

Back to the drinking wall of shame .. 2 weeks ago I missed a morning swim at Liquid Leisure .. the fact i was still in a soho club at 02.30 telling girls about the increased buoyancy properties of a wetsuit and importance of regular sighting during an OW swim .. is neither here nor there.

Definitely won't happen again tonight !

:roll:
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Off to the pub now for a 'pint' of Doom Bar. yum
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    I like Doom Bar - sigh - think I am going to be stuck here trying to get these figures finished before I'm allowed down the pub for a pint or two of Deuchers
    Doom bar ia good pint. very nice of a friday evening. i'm being good and not drinking tonight - but probably will get a takeaway...well i don't often get the chance to be home alone and eat curry