Home Chat General Chat

Ironman Florida sued

Don't let the WAT officers hear about this...

Honestly. The guy gets CPR in the water minutes after suffering the heart attack, what more can you expect to be done?

Comments

• gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    i'm not sure using a defibrillator in the water is a good idea anyway!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    i'm not sure using a defibrillator in the water is a good idea anyway!
    new form of electro-fishing
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    I feel for the guys family,SDS occurs without prior warning,the death could easily have occurred on a training swim/run/bike where the EMS would have been further away,there can realistically be no case.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    why is it always in america that frivolous lawsuits get the time of day. Next thing you'll have to sign a waiver in case of death before entering these events. Surely if the guy had any history of heart trouble then it is his fault, and if he had no history, but had not been checked out prior to entering then it is also his fault. All the advice you see is to get checked out before undertaking events like a marathon, let alone ironman.
    Could be wrong on this but in Italy before you can race in competitive cycle events you must have a valid medical certificate to say you are fit to do so.
    jon, in france for a running race you need the same - i certainly had to get one for the paris half marathon this year
    I can see the reason for medicals,I have to have an annual one for my job,ECG,EEG audiogram etc yet if I want to race,like you say in France I would have to pay out more money for a similar medical for a different piece of paper that says the same thing.The worlds gone mad.
    the one i got for Paris was a 5 min chat where my HR and BP was checked, then a few standard questions and then i had to pay £60 for the privilidge of a letter saying that there was no reason the Dr was aware of that would mean i cou;dn't take part, £60...but i guess that's a different thread