Home Chat General Chat

Anyone doing Bath?

julesojuleso Posts: 279
I'm still at the looking-forward-to-it stage. The fear won't kick in til next week!

Comments

• [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Yep! There's a few of us doing it on here.

You doing the sprint or olympic?
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    I'm doing it as my first OD. Don't know what start time or race number yet though, out on Sunday I believe.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I'm doing the sprint - it'll be my third triathlon and I'm not very hardcore!
  • JoddyBearJoddyBear Posts: 66
    I shall mostly be attempting the olympic.

Following my sightseeing tour (as navigated by Ris) i'm pretty happy with the bike route - well, as happy as one can be about three big b***ard hills placed in extremely evil points about the course.

i just wish i was as confident about my swimming ability, they don't have cut off times do they?
    Pretty sure the cut off for the swim is 40mins, at least that was the maximum you could put on the entry form.
    Gulp!

That's gonna be pretty close.

Best throw in a couple of extra sessions beforehand to bring it up a bit.

otherwise, i'll be the one at the finish line handing out the guinness
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i'm another one doing the OD, i'm nearly looking forward to it although i'm slightly concerned my run training hasn't been sufficient.

no idea on race no or wave time yet.

hopefully meet up with some of you on the balcony of the sports village after the race is over.
    'Nearly' looking forward to it, tee hee!

OK so apparently the thread about the bike course last week went straight past me although I did write on it!

I'm nervous about the 50m pool; never swum in one before and think I might really miss that pushoff every 25m!
    I've not swum in a 50m pool either. Had a couple of lessons in a 33m and that was definately harder. Gonna try and get over to the pool one day next week for a quick practice.
    i'm swum in the 50m at bath a few times - great pool, constant 2m depth. it's a little colder than a normal pool but after a lap you feel fine. not sure which end you get out of - one end is raised for racing dive starts so getting out that end over the top can be a little hard.

i always get the same thought in my first lap - at 25m i think 'this is great, i feel like i could swim forever' and by 35 'where is the end of this thing, i've been swimming forever'. after a lap or two it you get into a rhythm and don't even notice.
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Good luck everyone!

I went to uni at Bath and certainly remember the hills although I never did manage to ride right up from the city centre - going home took half the time though

I do remember the pool with affection though, I like swimming in a 50 m but it does seem to slow your split times down rather. It is a good pool though - 2 m all the way down and it was always a decent temperature as well.

Hope you all have fun!

VAM
    Anyone heading over to register on the Saturday?

Think I probably will.
    the 2009 briefing doc recommends it, although i might struggle as it's my daughter's birthday party that day. sneaking off for a couple of hours to get my race number and chip when there is disaster area cake to clean up might make me unpopular!

it's only open for 2hours on the sat, so if i make it then there's a fair chance i'll see some bcttt members there.
    Once anyone gets thier race number and/or wave time post up here so we can all say hi if we see each other at registration and/or the race.
    what are the odds we all end up in the same wave!
    waves and times are up now for the oly, sprints to follow soon. how many bcttt-ers can we get to a wave then...?

bath standard waves

i'm wave 8, 9.25am, no 435.
  • DanDan Posts: 8
    I'll be there representing BCTTT in the sprint. Shame I cant race in my soon to come kit
    Shit! I forgot to change my time!
    Down for 7.30! Can beat the wave time in by 5mins now.
    Have emailed it see if i can change.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Wave 6, # 382 in the OD race.

I'm going to try and get over on the Saturday to register, but I'm coming down from the Midlands so we'll see. Emailed to change my team name to BCTTT so hopefully that will come good.
    I'm No. 252 in wave 2 starting at 0730.

Still quite nervous about the time as it'll be a long swim for me but i've just seen that there are a couple of guys with estimated times of 50mins and 1hr in the next lane so i'll just keep them company.

I've emailed about adding the BCTTT membership to my entry but not heard anything back, oh if only we had our shiny new kits
  • DanDan Posts: 8
    Does anyone know how the pool waves work? Do you go off in like 10 second intervals or what? and do you wear the chip for the whole race including the swim, or just the run and bike?
    sprint times are up now.

dan, the race briefing doc says the timing chip is to be worn on the ankle, and i'm assuming it would be for the whole race (swim included). i'm guessing 10 sec between competitors in the waves (8 to lane), but there isn't anything on this is in the doc that i could see.
    I'm off at 10.15 in the sprint. Good thing someone mentioned it, I was kind of expecting an e-mail and didn't think to check the site. Doh.