Home Chat General Chat

Cleats

I have what can only be described as one hellva sore foot. I broke two of my toes last year and I appear to have aggrivated something in this injury.

I first noticed a sore foot after I canme off my bike last weds, then it really kicked in when I was out on a lunchtime jog. Now after a few days its easing off.

I was in the cold water on sat and didn't notice it as much but its still there.

I was checking my bike shoes and noticed that the wear pads/line on the cleats was gone and I'm wondering if perhaps I've had too much play inthe spds and that this has caused the pain, other foot is fine.

Got new cleats but can't get out till the pain has gone, and running is way out the equation....

Just wondered....

Comments

• huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    I noticed my left ankle was giving me a bit of grief a few weeks ago and that my cleat had slipped slightly to push my ankle away from the bike - only a tiny bit that I didn't notice whilst riding but a run made sure I went back and checked the setup. Be careful - it was only a fraction away from the correct angle
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Well I was out fixing new cleats, and apart from old ones being destroyed, I noticed one had moved. Same one as my sore foot.....
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i'm not sure how worn cleat pads/stands (you using spd-sl's?) would cause foot pain while riding, but if the cleat has moved then you might be weighting the outside or inside of your foot more.

good reminder to check mine over - it's the sort of thing that is really easy to forget about.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Ris,

I'm not saying that at all, just trying to narrow down what the hell caused me to get a sore foot. It started on the bike and I made it worse on the run.... could be a multitude of sins but my cleats were worn like hell.