Home Chat General Chat

Oh my god I didnt die.....

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Nice one Jess, sounds like a killer course! Loved reading the report... I did the "WEEEEEEEEEE" thing at Windsor on a long downhill section. Bloke in front turned round and starting laughing!

Sounds like you had great fun though, despite the course!

What's happened to graham33 though? Don't see him round these parts much anymore...
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Nice one Jes, mucho respecto,

Can't believe you let the tri romance slip through you fingers, would have made a great new thread
  • Why aren't my tri's this entertaining ?!
    Well done, great read and a good reminder to have some fun out there..

spectator: "well dooone, keeeeep going !!!" ..

racer: "you thiiink ?!!"

• SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Nice one Jess, great report.

Now, should we all be incorporating "stair training" in our schedules, just in case
  • thebouythebouy Posts: 61
    Well done and Great race report Jesster.....it had me chuckling to myself!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Excellent
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Sounds like a hott! actually sounds like torture SO a BIG well done to you and Graham33!

Now the dust has settled and I hope your sense of humour has returned, how do you rate the race on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being superb and 1 being worse than a trip to Bridgwater!!!!.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Jess

without sounding patronising - Well Done!

Great write up too!
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Glad I could entertain you for a minute or two guys!

Anyone have any suggestions as to what race to do next? A FLAT ONE PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!! lol
  • Well done Jess! Fab report and such a good read. You're going to tear up a flat course-watch out!
    lol i'm thinking Norfolk.....!
  • mumu Posts: 24
    Great report. It's sounds like a difficult course, but I want to do it now
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    nah, you don't want to go to naaarfolk, them's all weird. they'll know you're not local because you won't share their surname.

step climbs sound like some sort of super-triathlon torture! sounds like you had great fun there jesster, keep it going - maybe you'll see tri romance man again (don't mention the wetsuit pee to him though )
    Ris, i didnt actually wee in my wetsuit! (its a hire one!) i happily wee in my surfing wetsuit though, it belongs to me.

Now everyone probably thinks i'm a right minger. I just wanted to know how many people do. i suppose i'll never know. anyhoo, wee would probably be better than plymouth river mouth water! give me wee anyday!!
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    I really enjoyed that race report. Well done. Anyone who says they don't wee in their wetsuit is the same type of person that says they don't look at the loo roll after wiping their bum.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    PC_67 wrote:
    I really enjoyed that race report. Well done. Anyone who says they don't wee in their wetsuit is the same type of person that says they don't look at the loo roll after wiping their bum.
    Lol, brilliant...

Well done Jess that course sounded like a real b8stard. I don't like hillls much at all but have been practicing i think without then i would have been cramping up every 200m too...but probably not made it to the end.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    I love this report.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Jess, you sound like a right laugh to race with - please post your race schedule for 2009 and beyond so we can all make sure we're there with you.

And yes, I'm not averse to taking a whizzer in the wetsuit!
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    I hear the Hathersage Hilly in the Peak District is quite flat

Any of the Dorney Lake races (220, Human Race...) are flat. Very boring courses but absolutely flat!

I'm told Milton Keynes is flat - I'll let you know on 27th July.
    Ey, mr squishy, i havent got any more races bookes so far but i'm open to suggestions! dorney lake is a five hour drive from cornwall (just about everywhere is!) so its a bit of a trek.

Glad my stories of wee are continuing to amuse.....has the forum race gone tits up yet or is it still on?
    @ flavadave, i think Graham33 is kicking about somewhere, he'll be back soon i guess. and @blinkybaz, out of ten i had an 8 fun-wise but i dont think i'll do that race again. i think there must be far kinder ones out there!!

Any races going on somerset way?
    would bath and bristol be a bit too far north for you jesster? bath this coming weekend, bristol next weekend, trowbridge sprint same day as bristol.
    not too far at all, bristol i can do in about two hours. where in bristol? (i am a Henleaze gal!)
    the bristol tri is being held near thornbury. i think there are some bods from here doing it but i'm not planning to at the moment as i'm not sure how well recovered i'll be after bath.

bristol tri festival

not been to henleaze in a while, normally go to westbury-o-t, horfield or easton if i am in the city. still miss living there, so much more going on than in wilts.
    Ha! you wanna try living in cornwall.....

checked the bristol race and its full so maybe trowbridge....? i'll have another look and make my decision!
    i'm wondering if trowbridge is do-able... it's only a week after bath...

surely the advantage of cornwall is all those lovely coast events, newquay and the like, right on your doorstep. well, nearer the doorstep.
    I'm doing Hayle next month i think, the Trident swim in Falmouth and toying with Newquay but it depends on the surf....Lusty Glaze beach was overhead yesterday!!! At least the sea is lovely and clear here.....
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I have just wee'd into my wetsuit out of solidarity - my wife wondering why I am sat at comupter in a wetsuit with a releievd expression on my face

Well done!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    never eat asparagus before weeing in suit.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Fowey river tri...always fancied that one...