Home Chat General Chat

IronMan Switzerland 2010

Hi

I am thinking of doing IM CH next year and I see that over 450 people have already registered!! Has anyone of the forum done it - would you recommend it? or is there a better one to do in Europe (Austria has sold out!)

Thanks
Iain.

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Best of luck,I have done it twice,Treefrog has done it and I believe Mr CH has done IMCH.I would recommend it,slightly tougher than Austria so takes a couple of weeks before filling up.Is there a better IM in Europe??? personal preference on that I'm afraid.Good course,easily accessed from city hotels,water excellent quality.
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    I'm considering this too. I was talking to a friend about it the other week who offered me an awful lot of charity sponsorship if I did a full ironman next year rather than pansying about and just doing a half IM (his words, not mine), so my original schedule has been bumped forward a bit. Scotty managed to help convince me that it's a good idea too. I know a couple of people who've done it and thought it was great... like conehead says, tough bike and flat run - which is certainly my preference.

Got a year to train for it... should be long enough
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Thanks for the responses!

When you say tough bike - is it Wimbleball tough or just the usual hard effort??

Unfortunately whilst there are places left at Austria for charity it clashes with end of school term so that is a no go on the home front....

I.