Home Chat General Chat

Top 10 bikes £500 to £1000

I thought this was going to be THE list! So disappointed!

Comments

• [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    How's the list coming on?
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    in the beginning was THE LIST...

didds
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Looking forward to the list as my next bike in the next few weeks shall be in the £1000 bracket.
    Mr Squishy gave me a good option though from Bridgetown's..... that was the dogs bollocks that bike.

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    shadowone1 wrote:
    that was the dogs bollocks that bike.
    "The Bitch" says thanks
    The bitch has class!!!!
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    The suspense is killing me... I hope it lasts
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Mr C... Any news on the list?
    Its been a while.... can't wait to see the list
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Well I've got a grand of cycle 2 work money burning a hole in my pocket so keen to see the what and the why.

The Boardman Carbon Team is at the top at the moment. (I know, it's not a tri bike...)
  • i hope planet x are going to appear on the list?!?!?
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I hope Mrs C doesn't misread this and think Mr C is buying 10 bikes....
    Yes, my employer, who will remain nameless, has appointed Halfords as our C2W scheme provider. Which leaves me having to guess the frame size and unable to get a test ride. Still, looks like a nice ride. Also spent a while wondering about the Dolan Mythos, but decided that even though my current bikes are Dolans, the Boardman beats the Mythos on spec.
    Halfords will also apparently source any other bike for you at MRRP. Which I suppose is fine from the pov of choice, but means that I can't take advantage of any offers at other retailers, because no way would I normally buy anything at RRP.
  • MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    I was thinking about this today! Agree that Boardman Carbon would probably be in there. As long as you bought it and never set foot in Halfords again.

Focus Cayo 105?

Kiron Scandium?

I NEEEEEEED to know.
    Yeah, no way I would take a bike to Halford's for servicing. Especially a grand's worth of carbon. If that's what I go for I will probably ask them not to set it up, so they don't clamp the frame / over tighten the bolts / screw anything else up!
  • ScibbyScibby Posts: 55
    was soooo excited. Thought we had a list...

world domination takes precedence I guess... :roll::roll::roll:
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    Damn you nivagh and scibby, i too just opened the thread like a small child at christmas only to find a piece of coal
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    I know world domination is currently top of mind...but any news on the BCTTT £500 to £1000 bike list?
    Is this thread dead?...
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    I think this list should be posted on the bcttt forum so people have to come visit to view it.
  • Tri PencilTri Pencil Posts: 19
    I hope the thread isn't dead as I would be keen to see the list as I have the Boardman Carbon Team and I think it is fantastic. Bike gets a lot of admiring looks too!! (as they certainly aren't for me!)

Had to buy it from halfords but I have never set foot back in the shop and my LBS are more than happy to service it etc for me.

They were also more than impressed with the spec and price too.

Very biased obviously but I love it. It'll also look good with BCTTT decal on it too!!
    Hurrah!!

(Then we can all flame and argue like mad...)
  • MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    Oh my wow. Is it really, nearly, here?!

Can we do smoke and fanfares on a forum?
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Nice move Mr.C