Home Chat Race Chat

London triathlon start times

I am entered for the London tri on 2 August, but don't know what the start times are. Has anyone received info from the organizers on this? I have tried to contact them but no response!

cheers T

Comments

• [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Haven't heard anything yet, might not know until the weekend before!
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    The FAQs on the event site seem to indicate that it's not unusual for late info.
  • Start times were posted this morning.

I got early doors on the sunday. Not ideal!!! plus parking screwed up this year as well accoridng to the race pack.

Any idea why sunday morning racers rack on the sunday while the sunday afternoon racers rack on saturday. Seems a bit strange to me!!
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    This is to stop people getting tangled up with others racking whilst you are racing.

LT is a HYOOOOOOOGE event with thousands of people in transition.

So people racing Sun a.m can rack Sun a.m cos they arnt getting in anyones way, but people racing Sun p.m will be all over the place whilst the Sun a.m guys are trying to go through t1 or t2.

I know what I mean at least...................
  • Sunday 630! Lord knows what time I'll have to get up for that or if I should even bother going to sleep At least if it is hot that day it won't be too bad at that time!
  • cammykcammyk Posts: 36
    Can anyone confirm from previous experience if you actually need ID to register. I've been offered a place by a friend who is no longer able to compete.
  • IronABSIronABS Posts: 66
    I got Sunday 8.30am, lovely, which means an early start (not as early as you Juniacroode) but early enough. Good job i got a hotel for Saturday night as i'm based in Manchester!! I reckon with it being so big they'll be quite tight with id although i havent fully read the race info yet.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    You will need your ID to register........
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    MG wrote:
    You will need your ID to register........
    Photo ID at that!
  • I work for Heart Research UK and we still have places in this years London Triathlon.
    If you are interested or know anyone that might be please email me on leanne@heartresearch.org.uk
    We would love to have you as part of our team
  • DeeGeeDeeGee Posts: 4
    Anyone know if it's feasible to rack for a Sunday 7 start in the afternoon of Saturday?

It's not going to be easy for me to get to Excel relaxed and refreshed on Sunday at 5.30 if I have to lug my bike around! I could take it nice and easy, though, if I'm able to rack the day before...
  • MrTimMrTim Posts: 13
    Could be worth querying. It seems kind of backwards that the rules say "If you're racing Sunday morning you must rack on Sunday morning. If you're race Sunday afternoon you must rack Saturday evening"...
  • DeeGeeDeeGee Posts: 4
    MrTim wrote:
    Could be worth querying.
    E-mail's gone to Challenger World this very day.

TBH, I might even take the bike up on Saturday anyway regardless of the answer and try to get it in...