Home Chat General Chat

Roth

There was some talk about a month ago about getting 10 people together to register for QCR next year...

The online entries open tomorrow (?) and while it apparently didn't fill for a while last year, I do hope to do the race. Was the group entry still going to happen or should I just go ahead and go solo register? It seems like a wonderful race and will be my first 140.6 mile so I want to get everything organized as far away from the race as possible. Hussler, Conehead, still interested?

Comments

• hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    I would love to be able to say yes.... since I posted that last offer I have had time to discuss next years plans with the Missis and as we are getting married in August next year I.... sorry..... WE have not got the dosh for it. However I am working on it and have just discovered a small gap in the finances of our RAF Team at the Camp I work at..... Race entry fees can be claimed back and depending on level of participant...potential higher finish equals more of a percentage of race fee claimed.....

I am about to put a claim in for my ETU LD race for GB in Prague which is 3 weeks time....... I will see if I can wangle some more out of them to pay for Roth.......Plus if I can persuade the WAT officer to release a loan from our joint account and use the Sporting Excellency grant I 'should' receive next year to offset the payment then maybe just maybe..... I will be back soon very soon, with an answer either way...
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    The other half (Oranj) just signed up.

I'm going to be a triathlon widow! But he's so excited, bless him. I'm pleased and yet concerned at the training he'll have to do for the marathon in particular. Eek.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I am sorely tempted to do this, which would be my first IM distance race. But before I commit I need to work out the rough cost to see if I can afford it. Does anyone know roughly how much a week in a hotel in roth around race time costs? Also, if you had an idea of rough costs for transfers from the airport (Nuerenberg)... then i just need to convince the GAT officer that i should go and that i can get a nice TT bike for it, then i am in.

Quite a few if's there i think
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    I reckon I'm also gonna do Roth, buit how is the course? Is it a hard IM? How does it compare to IM Germany and to IM UK??

Thanks guys.
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    One of my mates who did it this year paid £620 for the ferry from newcastle to amsterdam with a camper, then drove to Roth (420 miles) and stayed in a flat for €30 a night.... plus entry fee €300.

It is has the potential of being one of the 'faster' IM's hence Chrissie breaking the World Record and the bloke winner doing it in 7:51 or something... mind you that did include a 2:41 marathon...
    The quickest marathon split was something around 2:27....
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    OK 30E a night isn't too bad, as there seem to be flights from London to Nuremberg for about 200E return (based on leaving tomorrow and coming back in a week or so) but I guess next year's flights would be similar.

Now the GAT office wasn't too happy with the suggestion but, i think that i am in anyway - i just have to start laying the ground work with some flowers and cooking dinner and stuff.