Home Chat General Chat

Training you can do at home?

JulesJules Posts: 987
OK, tonight I have a night in. Mrs Jules is going out and I am looking after the kids. I don't (yet) have a turbo.

Is there anything training-wise I can do at home? Something I could fit into the odd half hour might be very useful to know.

I'm thinking I could some of the stuff I used to do when I used to go to a circuits class, press ups, squats etc. What would be best for tri training? I don't have any equipment except a mat.

Comments

• TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    core work & stretching. Or running drills such as running on the spot knees high etc.

You could easily get an hour out of the above
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Or you could practice changing your innertubes, some may scoff but when it comes to changing a tube during a race you'll be suprised how many people screw it up.

Once you get it down to a couple of minutes, you know that even in a sprint your race isnt compromised. Alot of people live in absolute terror of puncturing during a race, but when your uber confident and slick at changing tubes its not really a prob. Practice makes perfect.....

If you are already sorted on that front then a good core session as already suggested would be a good way to spend an hour...........
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Do you have an "bits" that are injury prone? You can do work on those.

Do you have any weights, a mat, or an swiss ball?

[I've been known to take a wobble cushion and core ball (deflated) to a hotel before now. The cleaning staff are probably shocked when they find a giant ball in the room]

Stretches and Core work are the main things.

If you are prone to injuries in your calves, say, you could do exercises for those. For knees, you would work on quads/hamstrings etc.

There are plenty of good vids and things - usually, mens fitness has some quite nice videos/pictures of things that you can do.

Flexibility is good for swimming - e.g. getting your toes nice and pointed.
  • or as it's Friday night.. practice the after event celebrating.. have some beer..

You can probably tell I'm from a rugby background with no kids
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    stretching, yoga positions, pilates, cleaning the bike and beer loading.
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    I'm often in the same position!

invest in a kettle bell, and learn to use it via youtube! awesome core work out and strength building.

squats for bike and running legs

press and snatch for swimming arms and shoulders!

= triathlon tank!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Some interesting ideas, thanks folks.

I went for the Scotty suggestion, beer and TV

But I will try some of the suggestions, just not tonight!