Home Chat General Chat

London Tri - race times and numbers out now

Afternoon all ... race times and race numbers for the London Triathlon are out and on the website ... I'm off on the 3pm Sprint wave on Saturday ... when are the rest of you off? would be nice to meet some forum members at the event

Comments

• TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    12:10 on sunday for me - i think.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    15.40 on sunday for me.

Number 12207
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Im supposed to have been moved to the 9:30 start on Sunday but the website still says 8am. Its going to be an early morning, especially with the arse of getting there on public transport in London, with a bike.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    16.30 Saturday and just seen how many in my wave
  • Couldn't get any earlier, 6:30 am on the Sunday. Planning to leave my house around 3 am, can't wait! Doubt there will be much crowd support there then either
  • McKennaMcKenna Posts: 12
    i am 6:30 am on the sunday as well.... hotel booking i think may be neccasary for the saturday night...
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    2pm on Saturday for me. Managed to bully 3 mates to do it as well (never done one or likely to again) so really hoping I beat them otherwise I'll never hear the last of it.
  • 7.30am Sunday for me.. not sure if I need to rack the day before.. does anyne know??

working back from 7.30am means very early start either way...
  • McKennaMcKenna Posts: 12
    that is what i want to know does it tel u in the race pack had a skim through but did not see anything...
  • hamiltonhamilton Posts: 7
    Hi all,
    I'm on at 12.10 on sunday... # 7926... plenty of time to amble down from Bethnal Green for me!

The race info says that the Westminster route (sunday am), rack on Sunday, and that the Tower Bridge route (Sunday pm) rack on Saturday.... I think they've got that the wrong way round....

see ya there!
  • u_j_2001u_j_2001 Posts: 47
    Saturday 15:30 for me and another 379 people in my wave.
    I expect some serious physical aggression at the start of the swim, hmmm....
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    i'm doing the supersprint so sat 11.10 for me....there's 315 in my wave... never been a tri that big before...just hope i don't drown..... :roll:
  • froggerfrogger Posts: 24
    sunday 1.40
    parking is so expensive at this center
  • Sunday rack that day AM bc there won't be any traffic, etc at that time (unlike later that day), I think.
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Sunday 15.40 for me. Looks like there's 685 people in my wave! HS!
  • IronABSIronABS Posts: 66
    I've got 8.30am Sunday, travelling down from Manchester on Saturday and staying in the Premier Inn in Beckton?? Anyone know how far away that is from the Excel, i dont think its too far - Think i'll pop down to watch the racing on Saturday and get my bearings too. Racking for Sunday AM waves is on Sunday and Sunday PM waves on Saturday - The sizes of the waves are amazing, could be a struggle to avoid drafting with so many people on the course at the same time - I'm race no 6733, if anyone fancies shouting hello
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    2.30pm Sprint wave Saturday .... not long now
  • TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    IMPORTANT - For those of us who have done London before, note the bike and run routes have changed slightly. The info is in the race packs, and it looks like the whole transition area will beset up differently.
  • maltesermalteser Posts: 25
    IronABS, the beckton Premier Inn is a half hour walk away from Excel or a short 10-15 min DLR ride (bear in mind, no bikes on the DLR). The walk would include (for the most part) the sprint/supersprint cycle route to the Gallion's Reach roundabout.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    1.40 for me as well.
  • my 7.30am start onSunday makes me think I'm doing the Westminster route? can anyone confirm this? I can't seem to find exact proof...

Scotty
    scott_burrows wrote:
    my 7.30am start onSunday makes me think I'm doing the Westminster route? can anyone confirm this? I can't seem to find exact proof...

Scotty
    Yup, it's on the race info sheet that comes in your race pack. I've not received mine yet but it's viewable online. Here in fact - http://www.thelondontriathlon.co.uk/images/PDFs/LT09-RaceInfo.pdf

Anyone doing Tower Bridge route racks on Saturday

Tower Bridge route is for anyone starting from 11.40 onwards on Sunday.
  • IronABSIronABS Posts: 66
    Cheers Malteser - I may come down earlier than planned on Saturday and go and watch some of the Sprints - It'll be a good chance to suss out transtion too
  • spr1983spr1983 Posts: 34
    11:00 on the sat morning, me and 280 others! females go off 10 mins later, question is, how far up will the top woman finish in the mens results!

how long before the race are people getting there?
  • SuzieDSuzieD Posts: 12
    6.30am me too... have booked a hotel for Saturday and am so pleased!!
    Read through the stuff and it looks like only people racing on the Sun afternoon can rack on Saturday.. I hope I am mistaken as it is going to be a really early start!
    [toPh] wrote:
    15.40 on sunday for me.

Number 12207
    I've just checked again and my time and race number has completely changed!!!

I entered really late and got a charity place so number 12207 as above sounded about right, also with my late start time.

Now I'm 8.30am and number 1115! How can this be?

Time to email them I think, not sure which time is better to be honest...
  • First timer at London and staying up there for the weeked! Racing on Sunday (0730) and staying at the Premier Inn and going to the expo on the Sat I think. Anyone fancy a coffee or isotonic beer on the Fri night get in touch!!!
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    As I'm racking on the Saturday I hope to be wearing the infamous 220 t-shirt.

On Sunday I'll be on my black silver and yellow BTS kit