Home Chat General Chat

What do you wear for pool sprints?

Hi, doing my first pool sprint tri in a week, and wondered what people wear for the pool part? cos surely a tri suit/top would give too much drag?

all help gratefully received!

Thanks

Luke

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    For my first TRI I wore TRI shorts and then put a top on at T1!

I now wear a Trisuit and drag isnt an issue!

Good luck
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    You wear a tri suit, or tri shorts & top. Ditto Blinkybaz.

If you do open water swimming, you just wear your tri suit under your wetsuit, whip the wetsuit off, and hey presto, damp but ready for the bike.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Dont worry about the drag. We had a wetsuit ban a few weeks ago for an OW swim and I found swimming in the trisuit really nice, more similar to your normal pool stroke, than say, in a wetsuit. One serious racer had a swimskin over his trisuit, but he reckoned you need to get it off after the swim or you get too hot on the bike. And its more kit, which means more £££'s. Unless you are a top contender, go with a trisuit anyday.
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    tri shorts in pool...top on in T1....if you do this practise putting a dry top on a wet body!...
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    at my first event i did exactly what aoneill said - trishorts in pool and then put on a top in t1. i did make sure that the top was a full zip though - i think if it was a polo type or a half-zip i'd still be there now trying to wrestle my way into it.

at the moment i am swimming in a tri-short and tri-top so i don't have to add the top into my transition. maybe next season i'll find the wedge for a trisuit.
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Trisuit all the way. Less time in T1, and it can actually help with streamlining if tight enough unless you shave off all body hair.

Just try and put a dry top on a wet body, it is near impossible....