Home Chat General Chat

Tri specific cycling shoes

Search not working so putting this out there...

Do you have tri-specific shoes? Are you happy with them? What do you wish you had?

Thinking of giving the old elastic bands, shoes clipped in technique a go at the weekend (on Coneheads Rookie Day 2). Might shave my legs as well just in case I come a cropper!

*danger of de-railing my own thread here, but its been a while since I've seen any shaving posts*

Comments

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    At the cheap end, I bought the Exaustar ones

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Exust ... 360036696/

Which seem pretty good to me, not that I'd know.

I see DHB now do a tri shoe at £45 which is the cheapest I think you'll find.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_T ... 360041923/

The DHB road bike shoes get good reviews, so these could be a bargain.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I have also got tri specific shoes, mine are adidas ones i got from wiggle. they're ok. I don't really have anything to compare them too but they do the job and on top of that, they;re black and red so have to be fast!
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I have nice white cycling shoes. If you watch Le Tour you'll see that black cycling shoes are not the done thing, darling!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    I got some Polaris ones for £35-40.

Seem ok for waht i need.

Definately faster in transition.

G
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    juleso wrote:
    I have nice white cycling shoes. If you watch Le Tour you'll see that black cycling shoes are not the done thing, darling!
    Ahh but that's for cycling, not tri!
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    I also need advice on this subject .....much appreciated .

Can someone also tell me how to do the elastic band trick ?
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    I've got diadora iron team from chainreactioncycles (they cost £40) and are silver. The only thing i regret is they're not carbon fibre weave (my shimano RO75 road shoes are and feel that bit stiffer).
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I should perhaps have added that spending another £40 to save a few seconds didn't really seem like a priority this year so I just use my cycling shoes for triathlons. Plus I'm sure I'd crash into a marshal if I tried to do tricky elastic bands!
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    i wangled some Northwave tri shoes for a birthday pressie. Great shoe with carbon weave to nice and stiff. Haven't tried the elastic band trick yet though as i've no clue how that works!!

Have to say though that the shoes, because they are forever wet and drying out REALLY stink! Tips for that would be good as well (i'll ignore the "wash your feet" style responses )