Home Chat General Chat

Save valuable seconds in T1

PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
I can just see the 220 magazine kit review now:

10/10 Editor’s Choice

PC67 Global Sports Products Ltd. has filled a valuable gap in the triathlon market, with a product that will save thousands of age groupers valuable seconds in transition. Many of these age groupers are uncomfortable cycling and running without socks and waste valuable time putting on socks after their swim.

PC67 has revolutionised this sector by creating skin tight ankle socks made of synthetic fabric that can be worn in the swim and which cause no loss of feeling in the water. The swimmer can simply exit the water and slip on his cycling shoes during T1. Just like a tri-suit, the fabric retains no water and hence is comfortable and prevents friction against the skin when wearing both cycling and running shoes.

The socks cost about 2p each to make but adding the required Traithlon added Tax retail at £25 for a pack of 3 pairs.

For the performance conscious racer, the socks also come in red.

Now: am I mad, do they already exist, or is there something in this?

Comments

• okennyokenny Posts: 231
    is it allowed to wear something on your feet in triathlon?
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I thought wearing anything on your feet in the swim was a breach of the rules?
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    oh well, there goes that path to early retirement.

I had figured that flippers were outlawed but not socks. I know swimmers use those neoprene socks for swimming OW in coldish conditions.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i'm sure they contravene some arcane rule only enforced by jobsworth race refs.

what if they were like 5-finger shoes and actually moulded to the foot so as not to increase drag?
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Sorry but there is a product on the market,it is those ever so fetching white socks that swimmers wear to prevent spreading/catching infections,verruchaes etc.
    As an aside if you suffer from cold hands and feet in OD,just advise the race REF that you need to wear bootees and mittens,and they should allow it for good reason.
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    Are you seriously suggesting mittens?

Surely the cord connecting left and right would be a nightmare in wetsuit...

Am currently looking at supergluing digits together to create webbed effect-worked well until unable to leave bike in T2
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    haha that just gave me visions of people in T1 frantically doing that flappy hand thing kids do with mittens to get them off.....
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Don't lose your mittens by not attaching them to each other by means of a piece of string through your wetsuit arms.