Home Chat General Chat

FOOR QUANTUM Wetsuit - any comments

Hi All

Thinking of renting the FOOR quantum wetsuit for next season any big comments on it? This will be my first.So good or bad for novice let me know. Buoyancy needed!!!!

Loonytoon sure i read you kept one after renting?

Regards

Ian

Comments

• rob1rob1 Posts: 10
    Hi,

Ive only done one tri and it was in a Foor wetsuit. I had mixed thoughts - I found the bouyancy was pretty good, before the start I was just bobbing around in the water quite nicely. Other than that I found it difficult to swim in, although I have nothing to compare it against though.

I hope this helps a bit.
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    yeah it was quantum2 if that makes a difference if found it okay again nothing to compare it 2 but served me well (on the 3 times I wore it) and didn't seem overly restrictive.

The thing to remember is that its "budget" model (although the 2's rrp is 200quid) so doesn't have the fancy dan stuff of a 300 quid models but I reckon it will serve me well for a good few years to come ... my swimming has bigger things to worry about than my wetsuit at the minute.

I recommend getting an ex-hire from TriUK (mine is[:D]) have then I suspect the quantum2 is a little better and the deal for ex-hire is pretty good...

• Ian

I bought an ex-rental Foor quantum and i found it really good (although i have no comparisons) at £50 + P&P it's good value for the first year or two.

DAvid
  • I've recently received a Foor Quantum (£50) from Tri-UK after being directed there by DOTriHarder (many thanks for that - great store!!!). Incredibly light - and fits superbly - incredibly tight but excellent range of motion. Superb condition - appears barely worn!!!

I've not tried swimming in it yet - only received it last Saturday... I'm planning a crafty little visit to a local reservoir in the next week or so...

But for £50 - and for a novice like myself - I don't think it can be anything but an outstanding purchase. I mean - my tri-suit cost more than the wetsuit!!!
    But for £50 - and for a novice like myself - I don't think it can be anythign but an outstanding purchase. I mean - my tri-suit cost more than the wetsuit!!!

Exactly - I think the exhire quantumn2s only cost 100 as well
  • I gave the Quantum2 some thought... and looked at the specs but came to the conclusion that even at a great ex-hire price of £100 it was still double the price of a std. Quantum and for a complete beginner probably not of such a great benefit... My school of thought on the £50 Quantum was - if nothing else - it's a good training suit should I feel I need to upgrade.
  • Dave loony & John

Many thanks i am off to order now from triuk

Regards

Ian
    your welcome
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Hi,

Can i ask, do the 'high end' wetsuits realy offer a better advantage for the costs? Is it all hype? and will the 'advantages' only realy make a difference for advanced swimmers?

Have been looking at the Orca Apex, which the wife says she will get me for xmas[;)], but still wondering if its a waste of cash for a newbie like me to the sport?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards, Rich