Home Chat General Chat

STOLEN: Orbea in Twickenham area

Thieving b*stards!!!

Got up this morning to go with my family to my son's 'Last day of PreSchool picnic' to find my shed/summer house door off it's hinges. The doors were locked and then padlocked so the feckers just took off the hinges!
We've managed to recover most of my tools, motorbike stuff and bikes (my commuter and my wife's mountain bike) from the back lane.

So..... if anyone sees this Orbea feel free to make a citizen's arrest and give them a good kicking!
I've never seen another one of these before and I built it up myself so you won't find another Orbea and Campagnolo mix. Rare as rocking horse sh*t.

Stolen from Twickenham TW2 6NL.

Frame: Orbea Mitis 2 aluminium frame in blue.
Groupset: Campagnolo Veloce (chainset, shifters, brakes, hubs)
Forks: Time Avant Stiff+ carbon
Wheels: Campagnolo Vento G3
Stem: ITM
Bars: ITM oversize bars
Seatpin: Alpina Carbon Fibre
Saddle: Selle San Marco Race Gel
Pedals: Look Campagnolo Deltas
Computer: Cateye Strada
Tyres: Schwalbe Lugano

Also stolen was a black GT Compe BMX with the GT stickers in red.

Comments

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Surely was it not a Ridley Dean Time Trail bike worth £6k that went missing?

Seriously lets hope they got run over at the end of the road.

Hope it tuns up.

G
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    20/20 hindsight! Too honest for my own good sometimes...
    London Triathlon is 10 days away!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Bastards. I hope they die of swine flu
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Thieving f##ing ###s!

Gutted for you mate. Are you able to get something for race day?
  • who the hell would steal a bicycle...do they ride them or sell them...who would buy a ...argghhh

Unlucky mate, hope you get it back.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Gunforhire - I am felling your loss amn. Thats like a kick in the nuts.

I promise if find your bike and the theieves i wil not only give them a kicking tie them up and bring tem round to yours so can deal out some justice of your own.

I only have a shit Viking but if you need abike to borrow for london you only need to sk.

Its in somerset a present but if you can colect and drop off its yours for a weekend dude!!!
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    you may want to keep an eye on ebay/local ads, not saying there's dodgy bikes on either though (in case any lawyers for ebay or twickenham local ads are watching). once you find them bunny hop on their head with the BMX!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Low level criminals in the main are lazy and stupid. They will try to sell through ebay, local ads or local 'tat' shops. If they are 'professional' bike thieves then my policeman friend informs me that it is long gone but then unlikely to have nicked the other stuff as well.

Good luck in your search but if all else fails hope you have insurance and can rebuild something even more exotic.

Scum!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Man, seriously hope those arseholes die of a nasy death.

One thing always annoys me with things like this is that to me stealing bike like that is never a chance thing. I often wonder if people who get there nice cool bikes stolen have been scoped out for a few days prior....

Tossers.
  • "you dont learn the value of high walls from your allies"
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    It's things like that which makes me think that a tazer would be a fantastic xmas present... I have also rigged up by back gate so that if it is broken into (there's been 3 attempts this year already), the person coming through will get a nice loud screeching rape alarm go of in their ear, along with some pepper spray... i haven't seen if it works but it should do as it is just a matter of a bit of fishing line pulling pins out
  • or....and im just putting this out there....you could rape them.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    sorry to hear the little bastits took your steeds gunforhire, i hope they get caught and you get them back. there are few people on bikeradar who describe how to discretely rig a rape alarm to the shed door for little thieving toe-rags to hear.

worth checking ebay, gumtree, maybe even a trip to some of the local sunday markets (brick lane used to be a centre for half-inched bikes but that may have changed).