Home Chat General Chat

Swimming Hat

Does anyone else have trouble keeping a swimming hat on their head for the duration of a triathlon swim? I find that they ride up over time and eventually ping off the top of my head. I can get round a sprint distance with it still on there but can't get close to making it stick over Olympic distance. I find that it is a massive distraction once it starts to creep upwards.

Any tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Nobody needs to swim around looking like Noddy do they...

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I would LOVE to see what the shape of your head is like, but in all seriousness i for one have never had this problem! do you have a lot of hair? more grip on skin, i think...
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Hi, I sometimes have this problem since I have lots of hair

Trying a different hat helps and making sure that the edge is on skin rather than has bits of hair caught in it and also using no products or rinsing them out before you put the hat on.

Good luck!
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Failing that, gaffer tape.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    you could put an elastic band over the top to hold it on
  • TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    what about those lovely caps the aussie lifeguards wear? they tie under the chin
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I find my ears hold that fashion icon a swim hat down. I also pull down to almost my goggles so my forehead skin(?) helps to hold it down.

Not sure if that helps but I hate swim hats!
  • El DubyaEl Dubya Posts: 11
    I guess I've just got a more perfectly shaped head than everyone else

I swam with 2 hats on Saturday with my goggles between them and managed to keep them both on for the full hour (with a bit of adjusting as I went) so fingers crossed. Failing that I'll just have to put a request into the race director to provide me a Bondi Lifeguard/Water Polo style hat instead!
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Red after a sunny day, blue during a cold day?
  • Conehead wrote:
    My conehead has chameleon like properties and can adapt itself to whatever colour required for the race. negating the need for swim caps.
    hahahahaha
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    AquaSpehere do a hat that includes ear shaped peices to give better grip that's supposed to overcome this problem.