Home Chat General Chat

appetite - anyone else a pig?

risris Posts: 1,002
since i started mingling running and swimming into a 24mi/day cycle commute i have the appetite of a pig-horse.

today i had a toast-based brekky, a reasonable lunch, a hearty mid afternoon snack(half my daughter's supper), half a bar of soreen, 3 tortilla wraps and refried beans for supper, more soreen, half a punnet of grapes and half a pot of yoghurt.

and i was prowling the kitchen trying to work out what i can eat next. i feel like a disgrace.

that luxury soreen is good stuff though. bogof at morrisons as well

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    It's a funny balance to find... between watching what you eat because you want to be healthy... and on the other hand just listening to what your body demands.

I try to be a little sceptical about my body's demands for sugar (chocolate, beer etc) and much more forgiving when I walk past the fruit bowl and start drooling. It is not uncommon to see me do a late evening pig-out of several plums, a couple of apples, an orange and all the grapes that we've kept for the kids' lunch boxes. Sorry, kids!

But yeah, generally, doing loads of multi-sporty exercise is going to need any where from a few hundred to a few thousand of good quality extra cals per day. Enjoy it all!

Because you deserve it.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Ris,

you've beaten me to the post. I for one have noticed my appetite grow arms and legs. Trying to remain healthy and feed my belly is becoming a the triathlon 5th disicpline for me.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    bopo - you are dead right about the appetite attempting to be virtuous - my beer and wine intake has dropped off a lot (not sure about the chocolate, i have a terrrible thing for it) and i'm hitting the fruit bowl pretty hard.

i'm lucky in that my office has a free fruit for everyone policy so i can gorge on banana, apples, strawberries, plums etc as often as i want. still feel a little guilty though.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    I can usually control the urge during the week, but for some reason seem to let rip ver the weekend. Must be down to a change in routine, but the weight still seems to be constant, or reducing, so must be doing something right.