Home Chat General Chat

Ironman bike leg

md6md6 Posts: 969
I've been thinking about my bike since i crashed it last weekend, (the frame survived BTW!!! thanks fcuk for that), and having decided to enter IMCH to cheer myself up this week, I am now thinking about the bike leg...

I have a full carbon lovely Viner Gladius, which weighs as much as a bag of sugar and some chips (not literaly but you get my point) and is very smooth. With the aerobars on i can get relatively flat . Now, how much benefit (i.e. time saving) over an IM bike leg would a Tri bike give me assuming they both fitted well and the position is ok?

At this stage I would be looking at about £2k on a tri bike if i were to get one, so no Ceepo Viper or Ridley Dean for me

Thoughts please

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    I was hoping for a full bike as the crashed one survived and all it needed was a new pair of wheels and a service, or is the budget too low for something carbon and decent.

I was looking at the obea ora, Ribble, QR Lucero or the ttx9.5 (2008 version is only about £1500 now)
  • macmmacm Posts: 11
    The prices of Orbea Ordu frames is going up big style, not sure about the Ora but it may be worth phoning around sharpish if you fancy one.

mac
    Cheers CH i'll check it's still available and head on up to the shop next week if it's still there.
    bloody thing sold since i saw it on saturday...
    Conehead wrote:
    You could always turn over a post office then bag yourself the elusive Ridley Dean. A decent custom build will only set you back £7,000. Might as well get two at that price....
    No they don't carry that much money in the float at most post offices...