Home Chat General Chat

Cycle drills

hey all...i had a bike fitting a few weeks back and one thing the guy showed me is that i don't use my legs efficently (bad to know since this is my best leg!) soooo i was wondering if there are any drills that I can do on my bike to increase my efficiency?

He mentioned one on a turbo about using one leg at a time...but i don't have a turbo so this would be kinda dangerous on the road

any advice would be great....

Comments

• if you dont have a turbo on way to practice single leg drills is to keep both feet clipped in but just really concentrate on elongating the bottom and top parts of the revolution so you are thinking about doing a long oval (i think of 'doing watermelons'!). i concentrate on doing 6 on each side and counting down to 1 and then back up again. so 6 'watermelons' on the right leg, 6 on the left, 5 right, 5 left and so on all the way down to 1 and 1 then back up again. this way you can still watch the road, but you get to feel the correct pedal stroke. unfortunately i cant take credit for thinking of this, it was the great dave scott, saw one of his training videos on youtube, i'll have a quick search for it and post it if i can find it
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RigbHG8Z ... C5&index=7

pedal stroke stuff comes in around 3.20