Home Chat General Chat

is it ok to push drafters of their bikes?

was racing in ireland [where i live] a couple of weeks ago, and managed to catch up with a horse box stuck behind a slower rider, this horse box already had two bikes behind it, when the oppurtunity came myself and another rider over took both the bikes behind the box the horse box itself and the slower rider in front of the box, [stay with me] and we carried on racing. a little while later i was over taken by the horse box, closely followed by the same two riders, so close to the box that should it brake slightly they would have ended up in the poor horses backside, they carried on drafting the box and then soon followed by the draft buster on a motor bike filming them for at least 3 mins, at last you might think, cheating b......s have been caught, yet checking the results ther were no d.q's, so just to put the question out there, would justice be better served if i just push them off and hope nobody notices? p.s. a sort of justice was served as i passed them 2km into the run and both were walking!

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    No pushing them off would be wrong, what you should do is get infront of the horse box and brake suddenly so it has to and they crash into the back of it. THen it is their fault for drafting it and not your fault for pushing them off...
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    i would try to rise above it all........who are they really cheating? This works for me as i am never going to win anything anyway......but i would understand the frustration more if they took your winners medal off you.

Of course, at this stage i would point out that i wouldn't help them if they crashed 100 meters up the road...............sod it, there goes my halo !!!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Ridden past them,then squirted energy drink in their faces from my water bottle,and then shouted back
    ''Ooops,sorry mate,couldn't help it''.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    It's against the Rules to draft either another competitor or a motor vehicle during a race. However, there is a 15 second rule, that one passed, a rider must be out of the draftzing zone within 15 seconds of being passed, so there is nothing stopping you from drafting a passing vehicle for a short time to get some benefit before you have to fall back out of the zone. Some use it as free speed.
  • i know the rules, i'm talking moraly!
  • I think i know Shadow's answer to this one.
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    A DQ for drafting on the bike is only applied when a rider is caught drafting by the motor cycle referee on 2 occasions. If they are caught drafting only once by the motor cycle referee then a 2 minute time penalty is given.

If you decided to knock someone off their bike and was caught then you would be DQ under "Threatening,abusive or insulting words or conduct" a competitor could also face disciplinary action from British Triathlon.

As much as drafting pi$$es me off as it does most people , I'm sorry but I just don't get it why anyone would want to push a fellow competitor off their bike.

Race Safe!
  • bathtub, lighten up!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I've drafted the motorcycle referee, but only for about three seconds, then he was off.

It was three seconds pretending to lead the Tour de France though
  • drafting the referee! thats great, you should have 2 mins knocked off for that!
  • It is generally not recommended or safe to push someone on a bike, whether it's an electric bike or a traditional one. Bikes are designed to be ridden, and pushing one can put stress on the frame, wheels, and other components, potentially causing damage or failure. Additionally, pushing someone on a bike can also put the rider at risk of falling or losing control.

Additionally, pushing someone on a bike is also not considered safe for the person who is doing the pushing. It can be difficult to maintain control of the bike and the rider, and it can also be dangerous if the rider loses control and falls.

If you want to assist someone who is riding a bike, it is best to offer verbal encouragement or to ride alongside them to provide support and guidance.

Onroadz-Bike rental in Bangalore