Home Chat General Chat

Down, not out, back up and finished - Blithfield Oly RR

diddsdidds Posts: 655
RR to follow soon for Blithfield Oly when I get a bit more time.

Finished in self timed 3:21, official time 3:37:28.

164 16 Ian Diddams M 45-49 159 00:37:01 164 01:58:44 155 01:01:43 03:37:28

The “missing” 16 minutes was me sat by the side of the road after 16K of the bike having just had a front wheel puncture wipeout at 30 mph downhill on a sweeping right hander. Road rash and grazing on right forearm, upper arm, scaps and right flank, lycra saved my right hip which took the brunt of the impact but still hugely grazed. massive bruising to right flank.

Helmet now a gonna.

Bit shook up, repaired puncture, marshalls were brilliant, felt better, got back on the bike and finished.

Graphic photographs to follow – as I always tell the lads I coach … wear your wounds with pride!

Oh… new 10K PB incidentally
didds

Comments

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    Impressive finishing after that!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    thats a great time with a wipeout.

What doesnt kill us makes stronger!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    NOT for the squeamish

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... eb385d00fe

Wear your wounds with pride.

didds
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    didds man...............oooouuuuch!

Massive well done for getting on and finishing the race. I hope you're proud of yourself!

Much respect mate.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    oucheroo, but more importantly is the bike ok?

good work didds! many kudos for picking yourself up, sorting yourself out and getting to the finish line. just proves how rock hard the west country massive are!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Good man!

Much respect. Very pleased that you managed to get back up and carry on - it's the best thing for nerves/confidence. And of course that you lived to tell the tale.

Take it easy till the soft tissues have repaired - some well deserved resting on your laurels.