Home Chat General Chat

How many of you have volunteered?

I volunteered at my first race on the weekend, as I thought it was pay back time for all the races I have enjoyed this year, and feel better for it. Just wondering who else races and volunteers, or whether there are some who just race.

Comments

• Not yet but would love to when opportunity arises in London, i am racing in the London tri, and also racing on the south coast over the 15th when the world series is in Hyde park .. wish i could've been about to volunteer for that one.
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    I haven't done any tri volunteering yet (I've only done one race) but I do volunteer to steward and keep score at various horse events - so I know how much a "thank you" is appreciated particularly when its raining and a bank holiday and you've been standing in the rain since 7 am and they've just got out of their nice warm horse box and suddenly it's your fault that they haven't had time to warm up properly, or have learnt the wrong test, or.....

Also non sport related, I volunteer at the local prison visitor's centre but that probably does count.
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    I mean it probably doesn't count ........
  • Whilst racing I called out 'KEEP GOING' to a race Marshall during the Henley sprint, she was amused .. and quite hot.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Yeah, I did Henley as well, and it was a scorcher . . . I assume 'hot' was referring to the weather
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I did registration the day before at the Deva Tri in June. Next year I'll be marshalling on the day too.
  • sAltBaR_active wrote:
    Whilst racing I called out 'KEEP GOING' to a race Marshall during the Henley sprint, she was amused .. and quite hot.
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

At London 07 i chatted up one of the life guardette's, was gonna meet her after the race but I ended up getting dragged to Canary Barf :roll:
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Yep, did Blenheim and working all weekend at London - great fun and if you get a chance I thoroughly recommend it - although you do wish you were actually competing (which I did at Blenheim too) !!!
  • I'm a volunteer at UK Ironman this weekend. Originally had a hip job working in transition with the bikes, but have just been informed that I've been relegated to run marshall. 8 hours watching the Ironman Shuffle...