Home Chat General Chat

RR - Blithfield Oly 26/7/2009

diddsdidds Posts: 655
Error whilst Doing a Replacement, The source data specified for this string or binary column or parameter is too long.

Comments

• willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Phew - I'm tired just reading that!!

Really well done though - great race report and great time all in!!
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i was waiting for the full, gory, story and it didn't disappoint!

brilliant race didds - the triathlon gods bared their backside to you and you got up, showed them where to go and finished the race. there are plenty of people who would've called it a day at the roadside but you had the guts to pick the bike up and get it done.

if/when it happens to me i'll remember this and make sure that i drag whichever bits of me are left to the finish line. they'll have to chase me with the ambulance.

most important though... how is the bike? and do you have any idea what happened?
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    bike is OK thank god.

I'd only owned it 8 days!

theories are that

1) I lost it on the right hand bend in the wet and some loose gravel... its the direction it first went ie to the right. In getting it back upright it then pinch flatted which caused the wheel to lose traction and lose it sideways left.

2) I flatted as I entered the bend (it wasn;t a tight bend either, very gently sweeping) and it went one way, then the other when righted

3) the invisible man running very fast shoved me over one way, ran around the bike then shoved me over the other, before pinching my front tyre very hard so it popped the tube once I'd crashed.

didds
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Great report and good to see that you carried on and finished. That takes real determination and you got a good time given the circumstances.