Home Chat General Chat

saturday london tri car pool

hi all,
i am doing the saturday sprint distance at 5pm
i do not have a car and i am very worried about commuting there with trains/bike etc as it will be a very busy day i am not an experienced cyclist (i know...!) and i will be a very stressed person, this being my first tri...
so, i was wondering if any of you lovely people will be making their way there by car (with an empty space on your bike rack) that would be kind enough to take me too?
i am in N1 london and would not mind at all being there much earlier than the race
i will be more than happy to chip in with fuel and if it would be convenient to give me a ride back, with the car park too!
many thanks! e

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    where are you? I'm driving in for the 4.30 wave have space in the back of the shogun - was plotting to go M25 way but sure me and Tom Tom can come to some sort of arrangement Was intending to get there couple of hours early just to ensure the fear factor is at full tilt
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    oh tom tom can be a very undestanding guy...and his knowledge of routes is amazing!
    i am close to new north road - if this at all convenient i would be really greatful and happy to make the journey in the good company of a fellow competitor! pls feel free to contact me directly on my email address should you still be offering
    yes,i also believe in getting there as early as possible so your body gets the benefit of palpitations, a stomach twisted and shrunk to the size of a small mouse, cold fingers and toes, shaking knees, shortness of breath and constant waves of panic attacks! i have read somewhere it can be really beneficial and the only way to a composed, confident start!!!!

many thanks for the response moonshine, much appreciated!
    e
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    have pm'd you
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    sporteve wrote:

yes,i also believe in getting there as early as possible so your body gets the benefit of palpitations, a stomach twisted and shrunk to the size of a small mouse, cold fingers and toes, shaking knees, shortness of breath and constant waves of panic attacks! i have read somewhere it can be really beneficial and the only way to a composed, confident start!!!!
    you may also have a fixed grin that is the first sign of catching triathlonitis. be warned, the grin can last for days after!

good luck for saturday!
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    ris,i think triathlonitis has infected me already bigger, easier and faster than swine flu could ever have done!
    as for the grinning symptom, believe me, it is the one i simply can't wait for!!!
    thank you for all your incredibly encouraging posts!