Home Chat General Chat

Turbo tips

have invested in a tacx sirius softgel off e-bay looks brand new barr small issue of no quick release skewer - ok got that off my chest

so do any of you use a compter with your turbo, what sort etc
any ideas for good training bits to do
any dos and don'ts

stomping off to bite seller as turbo sitting in my living room and I can't play with it

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    hey miss moonshine!

how the hell are ya?

I have the same turbo.......its perfect for my needs......love it. You will need a computer (probably wired) with the sensor fitted on the back wheel (as its the only one that moves).......it probably needs to be wired because i have a wireless and the signal will not travel from the rear wheel sensor to the display on the handlebars! So either get a comp with a strong signal or a wired version.

One other thing..............think about getting a decent fan. I don't have one yet but i get very hot on the trainer......a fan is required!

G
  • Everything G says... Spot on. I have a wireless computer stuck on the front wheel of my TT bike (because the signal won't reach from the back) and it is infuriating that it doesn't work on the turbo.

Usually I don't put my TT bike anywhere near the Turbo (usually use my Road bike with appropriate wired rear sensor) but unfortunately down to 1 bike situation at the moment.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    You only need cadence on a turbo, speed and distance are a bit irrelevant.

Look in training on tri247 and there are a whole series of turbo sessions.

Ade
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    I'll be the fan garry.

GARRY! GARRY! GARRY! GO GARRY GO! WOOO HOOO! etc.

I'll get me coat.

didds