Home Chat General Chat

Transition security . . .

I know race organisers always say that Transition is secure, but that they won't be liable for anything stoled from it. However, when I'm racing without any sepctators, I'm never too sure what to do with my car keys, wallet, phone etc. Generally I just leave them in transition and hope for the best. Any tips?

Comments

• clv101clv101 Posts: 45
    Maybe best to leave stuff *hidden* in your car and just leave the car key in Transition? I've often wondered about transition security and about organised criminals even entering the race themselves just to get legitimate access to transition. I guess it isn't a problem as we don't hear about it but surely as triathlon grows transition security is going to become an increasing challenge.
  • I was actually just thinking this about the London tri .. just received my wristband but all that links you to your bike is a sticker on the bike. Not to give ideas (it's pretty obvious) but what's to stop someone just going in and putting their sticker on someone elses bike.
    It's always a good crowd and I'm sure it won't happen etc .. but this is a huge event .. I was trying to think up a better security system that wouldn't overly hinder access .. perhaps a 'void if tampered with' foil strip that they pull off as you exit transition, maybe with a barcode on that matches your race entry details.
    Expensive, but at £500 - £5000 per bike .. that's a lot to be protecting.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    The size of London scares me. Leaving stuff in the car isn't really an option, as it's bloody miles away, and I need my wallet for the spendfest at the Expo.

I've also got a race coming up where you have to rack your bike the night before, probably outside in the rain. It's not going to like that.
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    i have read somewhere in the info pack that there will be lockers you can leave things in - i do not recall how much it costs..
    oh yes, i am referring to the london tri..!