Home Chat General Chat

Compeed . . .

Assuming I pluck up courage to train / race without blisters, and get the inevitble blisters, if I then use Compeed over the new blisters, do they stay on during training sessions.

Comments

• danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Compeed is great beyond comparison. It's stayed on my toes/heel through just about everything. Runngin/cycling is nothing for Compeed. The pool can be a bit of a challenge, but if you put it on well beforehand then it will survive. When I'm going for a run that'll last all morning I'll put some on the parts of my feet that blister beforehand and it makes everything good in foot-land.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Good tip, never thought of using as preventative, only as a cure.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I got a blister on my little toe at Windsor. At the tri I did this past weekend I used a compeed plaster and Boots Micropore tape around it to keep it secure on the swim. Worked a treat.

(Tip: Micropore tape is the best thing I've found to prevent joggers nipple! Doesn't hurt when you rip it off either )
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    You must be in the "shaved"camp then (see another thread).
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    totally agree with danny_s when it comes to blisters nothing beats compeed
    tried and tested in training and also on the dance floor with 5" heels on!!!
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Im not sure if these would work for me during races, being prone to blisters on my insteps. So I wouldnt be able to tape them up for the swim. Im wiping the area down with 100% alcohol every day after showering trying to toughen the area up. I'll report back next week to say whether its made any difference. I'll also try to remember to vaseline my feet this time. 4 days to go to london!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Boots do a hydrocolloid plaster that is available in largeish sheets, enogh to cover an instep. Did wonders for the skin I lost last time I hit the floor.