Home Chat General Chat

Train or don't train? ? ? ?

I can't decide, so I'll ask for your views, and then duck as the inevitable argument kicks off.

I did Strathclyde at the weekend (OD), and my legs have just about lost their stiffness. I reckon I'll be back to normal (relative to me!) by tomorrow. However I have London on Sunday, so do I fit a training session in tomorrow or not?

I feel like I'm lazy if I don't, as I won't have trained all week - on the otherhand after a dismal race at Strath I'd like to do well at London and want to be fully rested...

Am I better training - at the risk of not being fully recovered yet/ not fully recovering by London, OR
Should I just rest - at the risk of losing a little fitness?

What do ya think?

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    You won't lose fitness,by taking a week off,your body will be better for it.I would suggest,avoiding running,but doing a bike session withh a few sprints and a swim, again incorporating a few sprints but not to the point of exhaustion,you want to make your body eager to race but not tired.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    If I was you would maybe do a really easy run on friday and leave it at that/

eople will tell you its only a sprint OD but I find them enough at the mo and you dont want to wear yourself out for the London experience.

How gutted would you be if you did something like pull a muscle or twist something.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    I wouldn't train as such, but probably do 10-15 mins of each, just drills really to keep the mind sharp and the muscles in tune. Don't do too much though. Need to be fit and well for the race
  • TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    Great thanks guys. So the consensus is do a dial-in session today/ tomorrow, not long or hard (ooh-er), but just to keep the feel for the swim/bike run.
  • You must be getting excited dude, good luck!
    The weatherman says dry and little wind - which probably means it'll be like Strath all over again.

Still I'm eager for my revenge. I will break 2:30 this time or...[strike]die[/strike] get very out of breathe trying...
    :roll: ...should have listened to the voices in my head saying rest.... did a short swim, all felt good, was bending down to put on my shows for a cycle, and pulled my hamstring!

Cue ice baths, compression bandages and sitting upside down for 3 days. Fingers crossed I'll be OK to race.
  • sheeeeeiiiiiiiitttt !

Hope your all ready to go for the race. Thats crap man...how the hell did that happen?
    Dunno, either there was some inner weakness/ unhealed bit from the weekend, that just decided to ping, or more likely the gods are still angry with me and punished me for my beauty.

...or it could have just been one of those things. Luckily I've a high pain threshold, so I'll race anyway, then cope with irrevocable long term damage later.
  • haaha, i would say thats dumb but..id do the same. I cant give up
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Its the age!!

Pension time shortly.... joking.

Its better to have this prob now and give a few days rest than pulling the hammy on the day.

Good luck, and fingers crossed for a decent time. keep us posted.

s11