Home Chat General Chat

Tri tip saddle . . .

I've put some clip on aero bars onto the bike, and they do seem to make a difference. But I've also noticed that there are Tri specific saddles with a soft tip. Is this to anble you to get fruther forward on the sadlle, without causing 'the boys' and damage, and are they useful.

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Definately,you may have heard the term ''On the rivot'' being mentioned on the tv ,this comes from the good old days of leather saddles with rivots to bind them to the saddle frame,and being on the rivot was used when the cyclist was so far forward on their saddle they would be on the last rivot.
  • heymonkeyheymonkey Posts: 45
    The longer/ softer nose does allow you to alter your position and remain comfortable. For me it makes a massive difference, and is well worth spending some money on.

Here's a pic showing what I mean

[img:1r3bg4yk]http://tigerfrog.co.uk/images/tt_position.gif[/img:1r3bg4yk]

I got a really good deal on mine from ebay - £30. I've had a quick look and the same people haven't go one listed. I'll have a search for one and post a link if I have any joy
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I was thinking the same question the othr day!

I find get sore just behind the boys bits if I do to much on thebars. just ordered a c2 selle italia. hope that works.

y viking standard saddle has the padding of a very hard rock. not far off the shape of a rock to.
  • heymonkeyheymonkey Posts: 45
    1 quick email, and voila, they're on ebay. Apparantly I paid £40, maybe I told the missus it cost £30!!

It's an Edge Tri saddle. My race bike came with a Selle Italia SLR T1 tri sadlle, but I put one of these on my training bike with clip-ons and I'm well happy with it.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Got my self a Profile Design version that was one sale. Nice and soft Ti specific, shaped underside for racking, and vented in the middle to either let the water drain through, or let you breath through your arse, not too sure yet.

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ID1 ... 26type%3DD