Home Chat General Chat

You know you're a Triathlete when . . .

We had one of these going a while back, and seemed popular, so here we go again.

You know you're a Triathlete when . . . you strap your bike to your car and it doubles it's value

Comments

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    You watch the TDF and think it's not a proper race because of the drafting.
  • you spend the whole summer feeling a bit nervous about the next race ..
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    You time your misses getting ready and give her the splits.

That went down like a sack of sh1t when I tried that one out at home!
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    If she's anything like mine, it's a bloody sundial, not a stopwatch.
  • You keep going when most people would have the common sense to quit
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    all your shoes have elastic/lock laces.

you go out on a family ride and tell the wife and kids to stop drafting.
  • 55ant55ant Posts: 22
    pick up your tri suit from the pools lost property every day after getting out of the water and sprinting through the changing rooms chucking your stuff everywhere, leap on your bike and sprint of to work
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    When it's your birthday today, and the missus gives your a Soreen loaf for your present .

Happy birthday to meeee!
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Your friends are no longer surprised at your ridiculously early morning starts and lake swims at weekends!! They just nod slowly and give you a sightly odd smile!!
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Happy birthday to meeee!
    Happy Birthday to you tooooo!!! & I'll add some butter as a wee gift tool!!
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    ....you accidentally buy two new bike frames on ebay to replace the perfectly good two frames you already have and then realise that the kit on your current frame is not bling enough to suit the new ones....oh dear what will the WAT be
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Your friends see you going out to do a stupid long brick, swim, bike, run, race, gym session, whatever and say "You're a f**king nutter!"...

...and you're chuffed with the compliment.

A year later, you're friends don't say that anymore because the only friends you have are triathletes...
  • PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    You pick up any loose safety pins you see lying around no matter where you are or how many you already have because you can never have enough for your race number.

(I hate number belts).
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    combatdwarf wrote:
    ....you accidentally buy two new bike frames on ebay to replace the perfectly good two frames you already have and then realise that the kit on your current frame is not bling enough to suit the new ones....oh dear what will the WAT be
    don't suppose you have a spare frame going then?

fancy a trip to chippenham, combat dwarf? we'll get some virtual training done down the pub. could persuade didds up from devizzles as well, with any luck.
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    ...you cannot recall the last time you wore 'civilian' clothes, put make-up on and had your hair down

...you consider getting our of bed at 6.30am as a late start with a lie -in

...all of a sudden you are into men who wear lycra and rubber..!
  • sporteve wrote:

...all of a sudden you are into men who wear lycra and rubber..!
    this morning a hot chick ran past me and the first thing i noticed is she wears the exact same trainer as i do (except the female version) :roll:
  • ...you're driving to the lake at 6:30am for a swim and you pass a guy in a TT bike going for a few laps of the park. You're too busy ogling the bike/wheels etc to notice that it's one of your mates!!!
  • you go out on a family ride and tell the wife and kids to stop drafting.
  • your never out of a race T-shirt, dont matter wether your shopping, washing the car perhaps popping out for a beer with a friend , there it is the race T-shirt with a big above it .
    Just mahe sure you wash them.
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    ....you think nothing of wearing compression under anything....suit/shorts/dressing gown
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    ...vodka and lucozade sport is the perfect way to relax...
  • ....you choose to run straight past your dry, warm car to run down to the shops for a pint of milk in the night in the driving wind/rain/lightning grinning like a freak.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    When you see a headline in The Sun which says "Chanelle with Parents after OD" and immediately wonder what her splits were...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/2577676/Big-Brother-Chanelle-Hayes-with-parents-after-OD.html
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    Jack, without looking at the link, it took me a few mins to realised that OD meant overdose!

you know you're a triathlete when a mid-morning "snack" comprises what you used to eat for lunch!
  • We the other half sees you checking a member of the opposite sex that is cycling/running, and instead of slapping you they now know that checking out their "form" actually means looking at their run/cycling tehcnique...
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    ha!.. love the last one.....happened to me yesterday...although i was checking out their 'kit'!.....just got the eye roll and 'ok dear'
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    ..the shoes you consider IT are not jimmy choo stillettos anymore but louis garneau flats with carbon soles and pedal attachments

...you don't refer to food by its name but by its content so chicken is now protein and potatoes, pasta etc carbs...

...the only reading that challenges your literary pursuits is tri and fitness magazines

...your dream holiday destination does not consist of a luxury boutique hotel/spa on a magical beach but by just about anything in high altitude with a training camp and a 25m pool
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    In order to justify buying your second bike of the year you also have to buy one for your wife (but hope she's not faster than you...)
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    when you pass somebody on the bike you slow down to check what speed they are doing and what piece of kit they are riding and fail to notice weather they are male or female.

Or when you are out all the time and your wife doesn't accuse you of having a affair as she see all the kit in the wash bin .
  • When someone pops round for a chat and asks for a glass of water you automatically drop half a nuun in it.....