Home Chat General Chat

Good luck everyone for the IMUK

I'm doing the IM this weekend and now starting to crap my pants!!! I'm off tomorrow to Bolton to register and get myself as relaxed as possible. Also they've sorted the roads out I think.

http://www.iron.ironmanuk.com/default.asp?PageID=17014

Good luck everyone and see you on Sunday.

Nick nervous, excited and looking forward to some dirty food and beer next week.

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Have it, mate.

Remember your training, your planning, your nutrition strategy. Don't get carried away by the moment, just follow your plan.

Enjoy your weekend, do your best, do some extra, then do some more. Then do the special bit that it takes to finish.

IM? Legends, the lot of you. 70.3 nearly killed me so you have my respect and admiration (if that counts for anything).

Good luck to you and all the other 220ers that are having a go.
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    good luck nicknofinger to you and all the other compatitiors of imuk,
    i wish you strength in body and mind
    to me being a newbie all you guys doing the imuk are heroes and a massive inspiration
    be the best you can be!
  • i'm heading up tomorrow! and def bricking it now!

good luck everyone else doing it, remember to enjoy it too!!(if thats possible...)
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    With all the recent chat about London etc, IMUK seems to have slipped under the radar. Good luck to all of those doing it, and report back on how it went.
  • agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    I will be heading down this afternoon after getting off work early to register and then will be around tomorrow, sat and obviously sun!

I am bib #0236 so if any of you see me wandering around, come say hi!

Good luck to everyone and make sure you enjoy it! The ups and downs (ruddy crash!) have made this an incredible journey, and thanks to everyone for their support, especially when I broke my collar bone. I shall report back afterwards!
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    I an bib #0430 - if you see me wandering around Bolton with a vacant look on my face sometime Sunday evening please point me in the right direction for the finish line!

Good luck to all the 220'ers - fingers crossed for a dry incident free day.
    Nervous ... oh yeah, but can't wait for it, the excitement is building.
  • good luck all ... I am in quiet awe..

"own that race !!"
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Good luck everyone.

Have a great race and let us know how it went.

VAM
  • matt333matt333 Posts: 32
    Glad I'm not the only scared person out there!!!! Good luck every one hope you all achive your own personal goals on Sun...
  • Good luck and enjoy it! You all are amazing beyond words!!!
  • timtim Posts: 43
    Really want it to be today, i am itching to get going, best of luck to everyone, have great races

Tim
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    awesome every one of you -
  • I'm the same, just want to get started. I'm a bag of nerves.
    I'm number 0489 .
    Good luck everyone.
  • Cheers for the good wishes folks much appreciated!

I have a quick question for the other guys who are racing. I'm heading up this afternoon and finally making sure that everything is ready etc. but one thing is making me nervous: I can't log onto the system to print off my "e-ticket". I know the website says that other people have been having problems so that is some comfort but I've been trying for the last few days with no success.

I just wonder whether anyone else has had any difficulties, and at what stage of the process? Any solutions?
  • Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    Good luck all - I want to be where you guys are in 2011 so I am in total awe.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Best of luck to you all. Have a great time