Home Chat General Chat

Suunto hrm's

hey all,

does any1 use the suunto range of hrm? was looking at the t series and wondering if any1 would recommend them or should i be looking at something else. was hoping to get the multisport version.

any ideas??

cheers

B

Comments

• Sorry Bryan, don't know much about the Suunto range - have just seen them advertised in some of the fitness mags - look stylish enough.

I have a low end polar HRM and the Garmin Edge 305. Both work very well for me.

Good luck,

Paul

• bryanbryan Posts: 45
    yeah looked at the garmin 1's but wasnt sure of the quality. use to use a suunto gps which was great but not sure how that translates to the hrm.
  • Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    Hi Bryan, I use a suunto t6 and have done for a couple of years. The data this provides is truly comprehensive and the unit is very easy to use. However, the software is, in my opinion, very user-unfriendly. I find it impossible to print off any sort of summary of workouts (weekly/monthly). Not a major issue but comparing previous months effort would be useful to track progress. Also, I have recently had issues with the record of training sessions on the 'wristwatch' corrupting. It seems to have cleared itself but the online support is a misnomer. I had to call the UK distributor for some button pushing advice. I now covet a garmin edge 705.

Notwithstanding the above, if you want a second hand t6 let me know - they're really great and a bargain!

• combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    I have a Garmni 405 foerunner and I can highly recommend it - only downside is the lack of swimming capability (only waterproof to IPX7) I looked at the Suunto range but the large GPS dongle put me off.

The best software is SportTracks by far .
  • bryanbryan Posts: 45
    hey dwarf does the garmin have a multi sport option?? would really like something that is good for the bike and run.
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Unfortunately not [:@] I have spoken to Garmin and they are thinking of doing a firmware upgrade to enable this [:D]

On the plus side if you use SportTracks you can change the sport once downloaded for review - but it is a pain when doing an event or bricks

Hope this helps
  • I am using Suunto X6HR watch for a long time and it is superb .
    The Suunto X6HR heart rate monitor combines heart rate monitoring with an altimeter, barometer and a compass, just like the Suunto Advizor. It is a newer model than the Advizor and comes with various improvements, most notably the ability to interface with PC software. It can also sample heart rate (for recording) at much higher frequency than the Suunto Advizor. It is also easier to navigate, with its cell phone like menu interface. Its primary audience is outdoor enthusiasts who are into downhill skiing, cross country skiing, mountain climbing, hiking etc
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    I have a T4c and find it really good - easy to use, nice clear display and all the functionality I need. Monitors (I have foot and heart) seem accurate and the software gives me all the info for my sessions in graph format.

Thumbs up.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    what Ron99 said - I jhave a T3C and am delighted with it.

If you want real time data analysis though you will either need the PC pod and remain "close" to the PC/laptop being used (treadmill/turbo? maybe its signal works within the distances of a 400m running track?), or you'll have (AIUI) to get the T6C.

Additional pods (foot, bike, cadence, GPS, PC) add functionality to the otherwise basic HRM with a chest belt.

It doesn;t do HR in the water though, though I am told an additional memory belt" can do this.

didds
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    I also have the T4C ,earlier this week ,after a Very Hard run which has a BIG hill near the end .
    The 'your coach' function recommended 3 days of rest which I thought was a bit much ,it must have picked up on something ,as the next day I woke up with a cold .