Home Chat General Chat

Chase Race OD

I'm picking up the new steed a week on Sat from Bridgetown and I'll basically have sat night to familarise myself with the bike.

My main focus would be to recce the bike course but I'm not sure where I'll be staying, whether its cannock or somewhere close to the race itself. I'm booking a hotel tonight so dunno yet.

Is there any decent local routes that are sharp but not too demanding for me to try the bike out? I don't want to knacker myself but I want to give the bike a decent test before the tri, as Mike will be there and if anything is not right then I can point it out to him.

If anyone knows local routes, would it be poss to let me know so that i can look into it?

Cheers

S11

Comments

• aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    so i would ping andrew(& mike) from BT...they will provide the local routes as they ride out each week on decent runs...

and as i may have missed it before...what might the new steed be?
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Hey,

its an Argon 18 with shimano 105 compact. Fulcrum 5 Racing wheels. Thats about as much as I can really tell you.

If you go to i-bike then you'll see it. I really tore myself between a road and a TT. Mike gave me some good advice as did conehead. In the end I plumped for a road as I feel I'll get more from it at the moment.

Pick the new girl up on sat and break her in on the sunday.... what a christening
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    ok now derailed....
    picking up first 'proper' road bike on sunday from BT...(trek 2.3 2010)...it was enough for me to learn the basics wthout looking at configuring an Argon ...I asked many a daft query of the BT staff before i chose...hoping i don't fall off in BT car park sunday morning with 1st ever use of clip in shoes...
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I'm the same, I'm taking opious amounts of baby wipes and cloths to wash it before putting in the car. I've no roof rack or the like to its going in the car but as I'm travelling to near Glasgow then I'd never contemplate leaving it on the roof anyway.

Nice bike btw. Mikes sending me a pic once its built then I'm heading to the shop to finish the custom fit. Can't wait!!!!