Home Chat General Chat

london tri: the day after!

so here i am! all in one piece, after the worry and the fear and the disaster scenarios and an illness scare pre-race day i made it and i simply cannot put words in to how happy i feel!
i think it was ris who mentioned the 'triathlonitis' constant grinning symptom and i think i got it so bad i could be mistaken for the joker from batman!
yes i did have my moments in the water, yes i breast stroked it a few times, but i got out in the end and then i managed to finish the bike leg in a speed that by turtle standards only comes close to the speed of light! and then the run that was so much fun!
all great, great, great! great atmosphere, great experience! if it wasnt for my post celebrations hangover i'd gladly do it all over again right now!
big thank you to all of you here on the forum for your kind support, advice and tips that helped me calm down and feel more prepared and confident
huge thanks to all the amazing volunteers, the marshalls, and everyone else involved for the incredible help and encouragement throughout
big thanks to the cheering and supporting crowd that stood in the rain to support friends, family and the rest of us
get well wishes to the people that had accidents, i saw quite a few fall and being bandaged especially in the rain that caught the female waves
well done and better luck next time to all that didn't make to finish line
finally a huge thank you to moonshine for your warmth, kindness and generosity my appreciation for your help and support is only surpassed by my pleasure to have met you!
good luck to all that are doing OD london today and all the amazing people that are doing imuk
finally well done to everybody especially the newbies like me!
enough, i am going back to hugging my medal!!!!

Comments

• Well done you should be proud of yourself, a great achievement and you fully deserve your hangover (me too ).

It's a shame you got caught in the rain, I really wouldn't of fancied racing in that, still better luck next year !
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Hey, that's great! I'm so glad it went well for you in the end. When's the next one!
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    thank you spartacus, well done to you too!

durhamvam have u been reading my mind? this is exactly what i am contemplating/researching right now...!
    the only sure thing is there will be more! if you start thinking of rewarding yourself with a new bike you know its here to stay don't you?
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Yep, once you've got the bug I think there's always another - I'm about to sign up for my first OW Sprint on the euphoria of finishing this one today!

Dare-say I'll be bricking it a week before but I can't wait right now

Right off to walk the dog before I'm too stiff to move.
    well one durhamvam! make sure you wear the medal when you walk the dog!
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    Sporteve very well done

Do you know your time yet ?,cause this will be your next challenge ,beat your time !!!

I think everyone that was in The London tri should enter there times on on new thread , I think I might start that now.

A BIG PAT ON THE BACK TO ALL NEWBIES .
    thank you bullet,
    my times were: s:23:58 b:53:52 r:27:11 totalling an amazing for me PF (personal first! ) of 1:55:07
    slow for many i know but for me, a victory!!!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Great efforts!

Well done you TRIATHLETE you!

didds
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    sporteve wrote:
    thank you bullet,
    my times were: s:23:58 b:53:52 r:27:11 totalling an amazing for me PF (personal first! ) of 1:55:07
    slow for many i know but for me, a victory!!!

Just big yourself up with all your friends now .

Most of my friends think i'm mad ,but also appreciate the efforts I have made to get to where I am now.

Not to forget the personel gains made in fitness & general well being ,I'm sure your the same .

No one can take your acheivement away from you now ,go on take the glory !!!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Result!

Great attitude, great performance.

But now you've got the bug.. oh... dear...
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    the triathlon bug is so much more virrulent than swine flu - everyone who gets it seems to get a serious dose! and it is terminal for the wallet.

well done to everyone who took part in laahndon, the weather looked hideous and i'm glad it hasn't seemed to put anyone off.

sporteve - after all the worry and cold i'm glad you showed the tri monster who was boss! brilliant job making it round and now you can look forward to your next event. this multisport nonsense is damn addictive, i've got a few weeks to my next race and i'm itching to get out and do it!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    you did great Eve and it was great to meet you
    off to contaminate another tri virgin
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    moonshine wrote:
    off to contaminate another tri virgin
    mmmmmmm!