Home Chat General Chat

And this week i have bought....

being gear obsessed folks thougt it would be a good idea to see what people are spending their hard earnt cash on...

This week i have bought...tube of tri-berry Nuun, new pair of bike shoes....oh and a new Trek 2.3 bike!!...

Comments

• Bought myself a brand new set of Easton wheels for London tri from our good friends at Wiggle.

Then had an emergency and couldn't make the race so now have to wait until the Dextro race in Hyde park. Also been buying new cassette to go on said wheels, tyres, tubes etc.
    The bill builds up pretty quickly!!!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    by aoneill69 » 03 Aug 2009 12:25

being gear obsessed folks thougt it would be a good idea to see what people are spending their hard earnt cash on...

This week i have bought...tube of tri-berry Nuun, new pair of bike shoes....oh and a new Trek 2.3 bike!!...
    Me too, although you already know that!!! the argon 18 will be in my posession on Sat.... can't bloody wait. Oh with the new tri bars as well (WAT doesn't know!!)
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    A (carbon) stem to suit my new stealth bars, since they aren't oversize.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    So far, I have bought:

[list:2d710ogg]
    [*:2d710ogg] ChiRunning (the book on how to run without getting injured)[/*:m:2d710ogg]
    [*:2d710ogg] Yoga for Athletes (a book that amazon said "93.554673% of those who bought Chi Running also had more money than sense/were triathletes and bought this)[/*:m:2d710ogg]
    [*:2d710ogg] A bike insurance policy for Triathletes which also covers all other types of races and means that I don't have to leave my bling machine locked in transition, with the key for the lock in the car).[/*:m:2d710ogg]
    [*:2d710ogg] Window shopping for a Pair of Newton Gravity shoes - need to go and try them on before handing over the cash - narrowed down to a runners shop in Darwen, and a tri shop in Salford.[/*:m:2d710ogg]
    [*:2d710ogg] It's only Monday[/*:m:2d710ogg]
    [*:2d710ogg] Not sure if it is tri related although if the missus and dog (who has very sensitive ears and only likes the pastoral works of debussy) are out, then I might Turbo along to "Black Sabbath: Master of Reality", and "Black Sabbath: Paranoid" which completed my above amazon purchase. I'm still in the process of recreating my Vinyl collection in CD. Just in time for that to be obsoleted by MP3[/*:m:2d710ogg][/list:u:2d710ogg]
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Just bought some half price Descente leg warmers on wiggle. Should get me through the next few autumns and springs.
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    So far this week:

1) a tri suit (the other one didn't fit properly)
    2) a new shiny red and black bike (well I will have when I pick it up tomorrow)
    3) new tyres for said bike

Thinking of:
    4) an ipod shuffle (gym stuff is soooo dull)
    5) SPDs
    6) bike shoes
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    1. Chi running book
    2. Adidas supernova - 50% off from london marathon shop at london tri!
    3. Carbon fibre pump, with canister - £10 off
    4. advanced number - buying some new wheels soon - any suggestions (£200), Ris suggested some mavic aksiums!
  • Fins and a racebelt.....
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Apart from my seemingly daily visit to the supermarket for the mundane items... tyres, top, lube (for the bike), road-id, co2 canisters, saddle bag

Sticking to the small purchaes for a while but it still adds up - I like to think that together we are helping drag the retail sector back into shape, it's a selfless pursuit. honest.
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    early wiggle session to buy a cateye wireless gadget for the new shiny bike...i'm sure tri rules say i can't be using any old gear...
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Got my wiggle fix at the weekend.....

DHB Compression tights (for a friend though)
    20 High 5 Gel Plus raspberry flavour
    25 Isogel Raspberry flavour

Plus from My Protein.co.uk

100g of an amino acid I am currently testing
    180 vitamin B2 super Complex tablets
    shaker for my protein
    2 x 5g plastic scoops

and from work
    1 x RAF Trisuit
    1 x Pair of saucony pro grid guide running trainers
    1 x RAF Cycling Skinsuit

and from the LBS...

Chain cleaner fluid
    renting a bike box from bridgtown for my trip to prague:)
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    @hussler. How's the prep for Prague going? I'm assuming it's your A event. Are you where you want to be training-wise? Up on last year? My bystanders view is that a month or so ago your sweet spot was the sprint (thinking of Bala vs. RAF champs), just wondering if that was the plan and you've gradually been building up to the longer distance over the last couple of months.

I went for a bike ride last night.
    I cycled to work this morning (a week in the Office Yay!). It was only a bit rainy
    I left my swimming stuff, still wet in the back of the car.

I think I need some more cycling stuff/swimming stuff/towels etc. Shorts are getting in short supply (ho ho).

Either that or I'll have to put the washing machine on this evening.
  • ....from Wiggle - of course:

1 running vest. I only have one, now I will have two.
    1 pullbuoy. I already have one, but like it so much I have bought one to keep in the office for my lunchtime swims.

blurredgirl
  • BootooBootoo Posts: 29
    Wireless bike computer
    Sunglasses for the bike - ever the optimist!

Both from Wiggle. Have also promised myself a pair of race wheels but only when I loose 7 lb first.
    Any recommendations for wheels would be greatfully accepted!
    now had my amazon fix....'The Cyclist's Training Manual' promises to make me a better rider just from reading it
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    i got this....its being delivered tomorrow...going to buy some bike shoes in a min..........i'll be in the dog house tonight but i dont care

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=38415
  • jules653jules653 Posts: 11
    A week of swim training in Lanzarote
  • spr1983spr1983 Posts: 34
    Treated myself to an Elite Spin Doctor workstand
    want so much more though...
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    swimfins - which don't fit.
    swimming cossie for the wife - which doens't fit.

chain and chainbreaker. i'm bound to find out that the chain is secretly 7spd and won't fit either.

at least le wigg has a decent returns policy.
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    today wiggle delivered my cateye wireless bike computer...it looks nice and shiny
  • I had a bit of a purchasing frenzy (god knows what the WAT will be Barbados and earings have already been mentioned.... )

In the past 10 days I have bought:

An Isaac (sonic prototype) superlight frame and forks (868g!!)
    A 2010 SRAM Force groupset
    Arione CX saddle
    ITM stem
    Scott handlebars
    An Isaac Joule-Aerotic frame and forks

Think that is about it.....oh and I have to get LBS to build said frames from my old kit.....

Not surprisingly I will soon have Tri frame (Tek Equinox 9.5 1997) and my old road bike (Specialized Allez Triple) to ebay...they had better sell or the WAT might go up.......
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    The postman knocked on my door this morning with a parcel from chain reaction cycles. Even though i'd not ordered anything i was gutted when I realised it was for the guy from the flat downstairs!
  • First ever pair of cycle shoes and clip in pedals.

oh and bandages, plasters, antiseptic cream for when i can't get out of the pedals and fall over!
  • Awaiting delivery of some Brooks Infiniti runners. Saved £40 from where GAIT analysis was done too so happy days!
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    So I have finished a spending spree of a week rather like this:

- new shiny red and black road bike - hooray
    - tyres for new shiny bike (black and red ones of course)
    - repair kit for bike
    - new pump
    - tri suit
    - "Your first triathlon" book
    - aqua sphere goggles
    - neoprene glue
    - ipod shuffle - for the gym
    - box for transition

Non-tri related: "the quiet american" and "journey without maps" by Graham Greene - well I was on ABE books anyway.... books are my other weakness...

Not sure what the HAT will be but it was my birthday and I am driving back from the cricket tomorrow so he can drink (no alcohol is a good idea before team time trial thing - I need all the help I can get) so hope it won't be too much
    cheapest ever purchase...transparent cable ties to fit my new shiny cateye as the black ones didn't look good on the new frame!..
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Elastic laces. But significant as they are my first ever Wiggle purchase. So I now have a Wiggle account......dangerous times lie ahead.
  • TesseractTesseract Posts: 280
    .. a new "windcreen" for my customised aero helmet - it's a Louis Garneau smoked, and looks the absolute business. I'll need to take a picture and post it on the bike bling thread.

...and a new track pump - what a differnce (thanks S11, another great tip!) and new pads for my aero bars.
  • apana790apana790 Posts: 76
    absolutely nothing
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    right then ordered my wheels: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=25889 45% off

oh and some adidas race cycling shorts - which have a draw string (dhb's tend to slip so that i have all the padding at the front!)