Home Chat General Chat

London Olympic Crash Report

In case anyone was worried about the big bloke in a yello and black tri suit who crashed into the bollards at 25 mph at the end of his second cycle lap outside the Excel. He is ok. It was me. This was the first time i have ever crashed properly at speed. I couldnt believe i didn't break any bones and the helmet definately saved my skull as it smashed onto the concrete. I managed to get back on and do a sub 3hour finish. My shoulder popped in and out, bruised ribs, whiplash in my neck, chunk of my helmet missing, bike ok. Thank god it's not carbon. Lol.
The crowd were superb in rousing me to get my feet and carry on. It's not how i want to be remembered in the London Tri. but it could of been much worse. Thanks for all of your concern on the day and to your families and freinds too.
Big shout out to the marshall who helped gather me and my bits together. I am off training until things settle down a bit. Already bored. Did anyone else crash?
[attachment=1:1x89kg87]IMG_0184.jpg[/attachment:1x89kg87][attachment=0:1x89kg87]IMG_0185.jpg[/attachment:1x89kg87]

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Ouch! That looks sore. On the other hand, it doesn't look like a fat man to me I'm sure I can see the iron starting to peek through those burns.

Take some rest. Eat well. And you'll soon be back on track - take it carefully though.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Maaan I am dreading my first crash... but as alot of people keep telling me, it's only a matter of time!

A round of applause for picking yourself up and finishing in a very respectable time. Hats off mate and wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • Cheers lads, i am really sucking my belly right in as i knew i was gonna post the shot. I should show you the next one when i start breathing again. Not Pretty. Lol
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Just read your race report over on the other thread and wanted to say congratulations on the finish and the time, fantastic to have beaten your hoped for time.

I'm really enjoying the IM thread too, very inspirational stuff.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    well done for getting back on and finishing.

TOP MAN!

didds