Home Chat General Chat

Ionman UK novice report/camping report.

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.

Comments

• Mate.
    Well done. Have you stopped grinning yet? I haven't. I went into town to get my M. tattoo today and I'm still in a state of shock.
    Lots of niggles with the organisation but that won't detract from a very painful but fun(?) day.
    Has anyone thought about their next one yet?
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    Brilliant report Nick and let me just say i'm in awe of you for finishing this. Personally i'm a long way from this in my first ever season with only one ss tri under my belt but seeing you all on sunday (i live very close to the anderton centre) really inspired me. Before sunday i thought i'd never ever do an IronMan...i'm now thinking i can make it and training has started again in earnest.

well done mate and thanks for the report
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Nick, Stu, anyone else who was in Bolton this weekend, CONGRATULATIONS!

You've got my utmost respect and I truly admire what you've accomplished. I hope one day to join the ranks of "You are an Ironman!"

From the sounds of it, the race was pretty fair for competitors but a little rough around the edges. Good job persevering and putting all the training into use so well.
  • I can't wipe the stupid grin off my face, I think an Ironman is possible for most. I was very lucky to have a understanding (ish) girlfriend and a brother that signs up to triathlons with me. I think a training partner is a great help as it can be lonely training for an Ironman.

My next one is going to be Swiss IM in three years, I've promised DIY will start once I stop grinning. I also forgot to say thanks to you lot for helping me get to the point of being able to point of doing the IM.

Many thanks Nick the Ironman
  • I've just noticed I can't spell!!! I put Ionman not Ironman.

God dammmm.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Awseome. Well done Nick, it's inspiring. Hopefully they'll ironout the rough edges for next years event, which I'm hoping to enter. And camping before an event like that, you must kave been knackered before you started, don't think I've ever had a nights sleep in a tent.

Don't kow how you manage to keep all the balls in the air, I noticed that you said team support consisted fo "girlfriends", how much energy have you got. Typo I assume.

Make sure you get a good rest before you start working through the list of chores, if she's got any issue with it, tell her to PM me, and I'll defend you.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Great work Nick! I love reading these reports, it really is inspiring and often gives me goosebumps.

Thanks for the post, it really makes what I consider unachievable seem possible.
  • Don't kow how you manage to keep all the balls in the air, I noticed that you said team support consisted fo "girlfriends", how much energy have you got. Typo I assume.
    Lets get one thing clear anybody who manages more than one girlfriend and an Ironman should be knighted, there's nowhere near enough time for that. It's my brothers girlfriend he did it with me, so it's like I had double team support.