Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon in "real life"

JulesJules Posts: 987
I was in the pub on Friday and there was a bloke wearing a Llandudno Triathlon 2009 T shirt! I didn't speak to him

It was quite a decent looking T-shirt, not a training t-shirt.

Has anyone else seen triathlon permeating its way into the general public psyche?

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    there was a chap at our local park wearing an escape from alcatraz triathlon t-shirst so i asked him how it went and he sheepishly said he'd bought it because he thought it was cool.

i trust he'll go back and do it next year.
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    I love that the chap was wearing the T-Shirt to look cool.

I got chatting the other week with a swimmer as he had his race number still inked on his hand and had been racing at Dorney the previous evening.... bloody good swimmer too, luckily for me I was with my daughter (3) and so was playing in the pool rather than "training"

Nice to have a quick chat with a fellow Tri-athlete though.
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    I saw a bloke in the pub about 2 months ago wearing an Ironman South Africa polo shirt ,I think it said 1999 ,however it was a few years old anyway .......
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    my children are now refusing to go anywhere with me for the following reasons
    1 nephew's sports day very posh prep school sat down to a complete stranger got chatting and lo - a fellow triatlete - was showing me piccies of his bike when his wife came to rescue me but was stopped in horror by the kids who broke the news to her that the female was also as deeply sad

2 GB team selection day for daughter and horse and the team farrier arrives with Triathlon Plus so no deep and meaningful conversations about gees gees feet but lots about bikes and best nutrition etc

3 went to give blood and whilst letting the red nectare drip out handed a mag - Triatlon word and had to ask for something different as already read it
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Saw a guy herding some bike born into the guards van at Kings Cross the other week. I was limping for my train at the time. But he looked more Tri than Bike
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Watched 'Edge of Darkness'' again the other day,IMHO the best TV drama series and noticed that Joe Don Baker was wearing an Ironman T shirt,series made circa 1986,if you have seen the series you may suss the relevance of the t shirt.
  • SiHillSiHill Posts: 4
    Hey Jules, why didn't you speak to the guy in the Llandudno T-shirt?

Am i right in reading your post that you prefer a training t-shirt or do you think a good looking leisure t-shirt is a preferable option giving you the option to pose in the pub.

I am just asking as the designer of said Llandudno t-shirt and we are having a debate over whether we give a tech T or a leisure T or mixtur of both?

May be worth starting a new thread??
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    will admit to haing worn my London polo shirt on my drive home yesterday - my excuse is that its pink
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    SiHill wrote:
    Hey Jules, why didn't you speak to the guy in the Llandudno T-shirt?

Am i right in reading your post that you prefer a training t-shirt or do you think a good looking leisure t-shirt is a preferable option giving you the option to pose in the pub.

I am just asking as the designer of said Llandudno t-shirt and we are having a debate over whether we give a tech T or a leisure T or mixtur of both?

May be worth starting a new thread??
    Personally, I'd prefer a training tshirt, as that saves me buying one. It's easier for me to justify with the WAT officer buying a regular tshirt than something for tri!

I didn't speak to the bloke in the pub as he was talking to his mates, didn't think it was appropriate to butt in.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Saw a guy by St Pauls catherdral wearing a 'Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon Training Camp' t-shirt.

Well jealous!
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    A women in the local supermarket was wearing a "Please be patient, I'm training for the Ironman" cycling shirt. I want one!