Home Chat General Chat

Anyone doing the LaFarge Helwith Bridge Duathlon?

It ran last year, looks like quite a nice friendly event, in October.

http://www.vlaevents.co.uk/vlahelwith.html

Was wondering about having a go at it.

It is in Settle which is in a nice part of North Yorkshire on the road up to the Lakes?

Comments

• durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Too much running for me Jack.

Although Settle is lovely, perhaps they want volunteers to watch bikes?

Will that be the first race for the knee?
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    It's a lovely looking bike route though - up round Ingleborough.

There is a relay option - if you can find a couple of runners!

First race is the Ilkley Tri on 13 September. I am allowed to run again on 12th August. I'm not sure what I most worried about.. the swim.. or the run...

Fortunately it is a nice short sprint (3 mile run, 500m) sprint. I won't be as prepared as I would like to be - so I'm just treating it as a benchmark/experience gathering exercise. Of course, I'm hoping the knee (and everything else) holds up. I might have been overdoing it the last few days...

I've got the Leeds Abbey Dash 10K in November.

And I'm just window shopping for something in October. Thinking of the Oulton Park Duathlon (I need to see if I can get a free entry to that, as I DNS the spring one - although I've probably left it too late).
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Maybe interested as the bike course(minus a small loop) is practically the same course as the old Ingleborough marathon route(my first Marathon),so i could go and reminiss,love the area.
    Well, I've got as far as downloading the entry form. It's the 10:00am start, and < 1hr drive that really appeals. The bike route does look great!

It's the same date as the Oulton Park - but I would have to get up really early for that.

The weather is bound to be great in October in the Dales, right?

I'll go for it, as I need an October event - I'm determined I will not be injured......
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Jack Hughes wrote:

I'll go for it, as I need an October event - I'm determined I will not be injured......
    It will be an Indian summer,Positive thoughts breed positive actions.Seven days until running are you excited yet?
    Excited. Nervous. Not sure how much to do... Will probably walk out to the moors, then a bit of "barefoot" running in the five fingers. I'm awaiting the arrival of ChiRunning to tell me how to do it without getting injured....
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Let me know when you've worked out the "no injury" secret!

What could possibly go wrong with the weather in the Dales in October?? It's going to be lovely, even if the sunshine is liquid.....