Home Chat General Chat

IMUK - getitdone

My first IM ticked off too. 13:16:40, stuck to the race plan from Endurance Nation and pace/HR from training and felt good all the way round. Ran stronger at the end of the marathon, big smiles at end. Kids cheered me round on every lap. Fantastic biking over the moor, really nice climb with big crowds at start and a long line of bikes to pass (I like climbing on the bike) followed by a swooping, twisty, closed section, leant right over using both sides of road. Could have done that all day.

This time last year I had not done a single tri, couldn't swim and had never run further than 5 miles (and then I couldn't get down stairs the next day!). If you want to do IM you can, get the entry in and go for it.

So far raised nearly £1200 for Scope too boot. Just not looking forward to sorting out the tent.

Ade

Comments

• TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Well done too.

But what is it with IMUK and camping, isn't doing IMUK enough of a challenge, without having to do it after camping, or is that part of the fun.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Well done shaggy.

I'm interested in knowing your training plan - how many hours you put in etc. etc. (well, just stick the whole log up on the web, why don't you!). You starting point isn't that dissimilar to mine (well, the swimming in anycase - and it is the swim that puts me off. The rest is just fun in comparison).
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    I'm at the in-laws at the moment, but seeing as how you asked I'll give this a proper reply when I get home.

I had some swim lessons though, so although I'm not a strong swimmer I'm better now than I was. Rest of it was gradual build up, lots of cycling, offroad slow runs and a really heavy final 6 weeks.

Ade
  • Really well done..

applause

although, your write-up leaves me asking myself why I too cannot train up for one .. darn it !
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    congratulations Ade. i'd be interested in your training plan too mate
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    zero (swim) to hero in one year??? Man alive!!! You da man Shaggy, I gotta see the plan.

Dave... don't even START thinking about an ironman next year. Are you listening???