Home Chat General Chat

off season training

IM LOOKING TO DO A HALF IM NEXT YEAR,MY QUESTION IS HOW MUCH TRAINING SHOULD I DO DURING THE OFF SEASON FOR THIS EVENT.

I DON'T WANT TO BURN OUT BY TRAINING TO MUCH OR HARD!!!!

AT THE MOMENT I SWIM TWICE A WEEK 1 TO 1 1/2 HOURS EACH TIME,RUN TWICE BETWEEN 7 TO 10 MILES EACH TIME,AND DOING 2 SPINNING CLASSES PER WEEK.

IS THIS OK?

THANKS

Comments

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Best advice I can give Steve would be to buy this months 220 and read Joe Friel's article on planning your training for the season. Any time you have before the fortnight prep phase and entering into base training can be easy time. Its easy to get into the idea that you don't want to lose the fitness you've gained this year but if you take say four weeks off with just doing what you feel it will only take 8 weeks to regain that level of fitness. You'll still then have at least another 2/3 months before your goal race to build on that. Not to mention the fact that your technique will be in a better position than last year.

Take the break and get yourself refreshed for next season. You'll feel the benefit in the longer term.

If you've had the break and are prepping for base training I would put in a longer bike session.

Hope this helps!

JAz