Home Chat General Chat

Digital stroke counter

New stroke counter coming out soon

http://www.swimovate.com/

A revolutionary wrist worn Swimming Computer is set to make headlines in the world of swimming and triathlon,The Pool-Mate from Swimovate Ltd will be launched in late July.
The Pool-Mate is a comprehensive watch for swimming that will automatically calculate your lap count, average strokes per lap, speed, distance, calories and efficiency. You don't need to press a button or turn a dial at the end of each lap as with current lap counters, the Pool-Mate really will count those laps for you- just press the Start button and swim. Featuring advanced motion sensor technology, the Pool-Mate really brings swimming into the 21st century. Lisa Irlam, Swimovate's CEO says “Athletes are now used to Speed and Distance computers for other sports such as running and cycling- what about swimming? We wanted an affordable, smart and fully automatic solution- hence the Pool-Mate.”
29th May 2009, Wraysbury, UK As well as total session statistics, you can
record data for individual Sets within each session and time your rest periods, so you
can see how your stroke changes through your swim. All data is available for immediate
recall and is stored in the large log for comparison at your leisure. In our testing
over 100s of kilometres of swimming, we have an accuracy rate of over 99.7% with a
wide range of swimmers and all the major strokes.
As well as the unique Swim Mode, the Pool-Mate has a really useful 99 lap Chrono
feature so you can time anything such as your running, cycling and Open Water swims
too. It has all the usual Sports Watch features such as 50M water resistance,
12/24 hour time format, alarm, backlight and battery level indicator.
Initially the watch will be available online at for £69.99 plus £3.50 p&p (overseas postage
extra). To pre order your Pool-Mate email .
For further information see the website .

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Oooohhhhh. Shiny.

I want one.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Jack Hughes wrote:
    Oooohhhhh. Shiny.

I want one.

I thought that would be the case, and that you'd be the first to reply.
    At least my shallowness has brought you a moment of satisfaction!
  • BootooBootoo Posts: 29
    I need one of these. I can't seem to count past 10 lengths (or is it 12?!) See what I mean

It doesn't say how much they are - I guess that means expensive so I ca't have one
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Bootoo wrote:
    It doesn't say how much they are - I guess that means expensive so I ca't have one
    Yes it does, at the bottom, £69.99
  • BootooBootoo Posts: 29
    Oh yes, missed that bit! Thanks. Looks like I am saving my pennies.
  • Looks nice, useful for me (so I tell myself) as I seem unable count nr of lengths, let alone strokes per length.

Can you export the data ?
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Didn't this feature in a previous thread regarding lap counting?
    Is there a definate release day,as it seems to be just preorders at the moment.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Isn't this the one that Scotty B tested for the makers?

He seemed to rate it very highly if I remember.
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    thats amazing, i've just been looking at swim lap watches and 'ring counters such as sportcount as i plan to really up my swimming game...that might be something else i need.

STOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOP...........................new bike comes tomorrow, then shoes, then new wetsuit, then OMG...the WAT officer is looking........

have we heard this before ??? (how triathlon ruined my life)
    It's terrible. I got a Garmin 405 in January - and now I want a 310XT.
    I got a sportcount in June, and now I want one of these.

I just watched the adverts at the end of my TI DVD last night.. and now I want to pay an extortionate amount for a thing that goes BEEP every 1.1 seconds.

Sigh.

I just cannot swim, breath, and count at the same time. Actually, I need an aqualung aswell. Oh, and being towed by a dolphin would help too.
  • The makers of the swim watch are just back from Alpe D’Huez triathlon, expecting to find the first shipment of the watches. but alas (I know through work) the delivery has been delayed by a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty sure I'll be one of the first people find out when they have arrived as I keep asking every week...

I'll keep everyone updated..

Scotty