Home Chat General Chat

I've got a void in my life after doing an Ironman.

Does anyone feel the same what do I do now except plan for the next one and do a lot of promised DIY.

Sat here thinking Swiss, Austria or do I just go for it and do the Norseman?

Nick the Ironman bored with nothing to do.

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    nicknofinger wrote:

Nick the Ironman bored with nothing to do.
    There's always cigarettes, whisky and wild, wild women.

Should keep you going for a while.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/cigarettes-whisky-and-wild-wild-women-1710744.html
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    The longer the race ,the greater the training requirement,the bigger the come down after the finish.All the training plans focus on getting to the finish,the training plans taper just prior to the race,but never look at taperring down after the race,once the emotions have settled.it seems that you have been abandoned by a long time friend,hence the blues.it is worse if your 'A' race is your last race of the season as you have nothing more to focus on.
    Whilst you are relaxing and bringing your body back to normality,brows thru,the inteweb and mags and see what events are still available over the next few months,your not going to lose alot of fitness,and as you do them you may decide on what to focus on for the next season,short/long/sportives,but keep the programme going as a rolling regime,try not to have it coming to a dead stop after a specific race.Best of luck.
  • Norseman just looks insane!!
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Why not do something fun like the Puma Hell run?
  • I already went for a couple of gentle "fun" swims with my two sisters which was great (although with one being a national level swimmer and the other being county level their idea of swimming fun is suitably warped). As soon as my knee can take cycling again I'm going to try some local Time Trials... I figure after an IM the short sprints will be good fun and a nice change.

Finally I'm quitetly plotting getting a few folks together to do the comrades next year (http://www.comrades.com). If that doesn't sort out my running nothing will!!

I reckon keep the training ticking over but take some time to really relax and enjoy the training for training's sake without any pressure of an upcoming race. most importantly keep smiling Ironman!
  • 55ant55ant Posts: 22
  • Ok I think it's all planned and ready to go for the next, 1/2 Woody next year maybe the full one year after and Swiss the year after.

I think until then maybe a few 1/2 marathons and a couple of long rides.

Also Conehead were you in Bolton at the weekend? I thought I saw you hanging round the park/cheering people on.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    the hellrunner is great fun! its like a vallhalla for your trainers (ie put them in the pile with everyone elses as they'll never be good again!), but now its got bigger its not as much fun!