Home Chat General Chat

Bricks

so for last few months i have pretty much done the same type of brick on a saturday...cycle 5 miles to centre of park, run for 2 miles, cycle home 5 miles..all with running shoes...
now have clip in shoes so looking to change routine to be based around my home and looking for ideas...i.e. cycle 20 mins, run 10 mins...x 2/3/4.....or cycle longer/shorter?
goal is to get at least an 60-90 mins workout, improve the running off the bike so guessing multiple smaller bike/ runs are the way to go?...(btw this is still Sprint distance)...all ideas welcome...

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    Not sure if this is any help but in the gym i tend to do 'mini' bricks. i get on the spin bike for 20 mins quite hard then jump on the treadmill and run 1k pretty much as fast as i can, then repeat 2 or 3 times. When I am outside on the bike i tend to do an hour bike then half hour run or so, without repeating. hope that helps
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    Have done similar in gym-5k bike (or 10 mins) then 1k at pace below race pace-say 11kmph, if you're normally 12 kmph

Repeat three times, keeping bike pace the same but upping run by 0.5 each time
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    well tried to do my new brick..but the weather was too good....so just kept riding until i hit 20km...then jumped off changed to trainers and ran 5km...suppose helps with the bike leg feeling, but sure it is not the best way to train as i was blowing hard near the end!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Sounds like a good session. remember on race day you will only need to cycle and run once so nothing wrong at all with that.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Hussler's got the best brick session if you want to really hurt. I can't remember the details but used it a couple of times. Bike - run - bike - run - bike at different intensities each for 30-45 minutes. Not for the faint of heart but really good at getting you ready for racing.