Home Chat General Chat

Tatton Park Tri...BIKES??

Anybody done Tatton Park Tri before?? i've never been there and i'm wondering if the bike ride should be on a road bike or my hybrid bike?? is the course for the bike leg all sealed surfaces??

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    Hang on, isnt a hybrid essentially a "roadized" mountain bike? So if those are the choices, they are made for the same purpose, but the road bike would be faster. Faster is always good. I guess im saying go with road.
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    yeah you are right...but the hybrid will cope with anything...sealed or unsealed roads or tracks....the road bike wont...my choice would be to use the road bike but if i get there and find i'm off road on gravel paths i'm gonna struggle. if its all at least sealed paths/roads then the road bike is what i want to use
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Just watched the vid onthe race website, looks nice there, if its sunny like last year. They say its along local roads, and saw some guy over a covered cattle grid, so if it were me, I would defo go with the road bike.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Road bike. If you needed a hybrid or other "off-road" suitable bike they would have to advertise it as such I assume.
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    yeah i sort of thought that...just wanted to check...has anybody done it??? i think its quite flat