Home Chat General Chat

post race recovery

After racing on sunday (OW Sprint ), I have just been out on a 1.5 hour Cadence recovery ride @ zone 2 HR .

Is this too much , too soon ?

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    nope, I went out the day after my last olympic!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    This is interesting. I just assumed recovery was rest up and wait a few days.

Is this why I still feel like shit two days after OW standard??
  • SilverbackSilverback Posts: 131
    Does the same apply to recovery from hard workout resulting in severe DOMS? Did some plyometrics on Saturday and couldn't walk til Tuesday.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    If you can face it a bit of spinning in the afternoon of the race will help, as will a bit of a bob-about-in-the-water swim.

Ade
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    What does DOMS mean? I'm assuming something to do with muscle fatigue?
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, and comes on 24 to 72 hours after exercising. So you may feel fine the morning following a hard session, but later in the afternoon or even 2 days after your muscles can begin to ache.
    Delayed onset muscle soreness-sorry for being ponsy wiv acronym...
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    Thanks guys.
    While we're on acronyms-what do WAT and HAT mean-wife and husband I've worked out but the rest?
    Added Tax. It's the sweetener you've got to add to the cost of a purchase to keep the other half on board.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    silverback,

The WAT, HAT, BAT, GAT and any other formation isthe most important piece of information you'll ever need to know
    Ah so if I were to say that in order to buy a boardman bike this week I bought Mrs Silverback a hybrid, under the auspices of a present for passing her driving test, that would be WAT?
    Probably more so if it's non Tri / SBR related. So for instance, you get to race London Triathlon, she gets weekend in the smoke with a West End show