Home Chat General Chat

220 half price subscription offer

Comments

• Trust me, if you want cheap toilet paper try wilkos.
  • Twisted firestarter!
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    don't think I can bring myself to renew this year - just start re-reading the old ones
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Im goign the other way and cancelling mine. Im with firestarter on this one. Same old shit every month.
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    i am with bman here too and i only subscribed 2-3 months ago...bored already big mistake
    triathlon plus, triathlete europe and triathletes world seem to be far better in content so i am very seriously considering cancelling and taking on one of the above
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    I wish Triathlon Plus did a decent subs offer. Going to canel 220 - due to them being pretty rubbish on kit reviews.... as well as it being pretty boring.
  • DanteDante Posts: 22
    220 has turned into Triathlon for Dummies. Same old (admitedly pretty) articles every month. Heavily based on product placement and clearly biased on kit from sponsers/advertisers. When was the last time you saw any product slated?

I prefer the style of 'Europe', 'World' and to a lesser degree 'Plus'.

Surely somethings gotta give on the shelf soon? I know we are a growing sport but there can't be the market for 5 mags a month?!
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    willtri wrote:
    I wish Triathlon Plus did a decent subs offer
    No discount really but i got some dhb compression tights that I was going to buy anyway - depends if you want them or not:

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/tri/p124
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Praps triathletes are voting with their wallets, hence the offer!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    in line with what Jules said I put the offer down to fairly blatant ploy to buy market share (back?) from the newbies to try and "starve" them into submission and close down...

didds
  • u_j_2001u_j_2001 Posts: 47
    I just cancelled my 6 month 220 subscription.
    Being new to triathlons I must admit that I loved receiving it and found it useful originally but recently it seems quite repetitive.
    Also the swimming training programs were quite advanced - and I consider myself a competent swimmer.

Triathlon Plus have an offer till August 15 - 3 issues for 9.99 and receive free DHB compression tights (cost £30 when purchased at Wiggle). I planned on buying compression tights anyway so I will give this a shot.
    https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/ ... 3&src=P124
  • BradsterBradster Posts: 23
    I do the cheeky thing of going for the 3 issues for £1 then cancelling! I also belong to a club, so the training programmes are a waste. Don't plan on buying a £3000 plus bike, so some of the reviews are useless! Agree with the repetativeness. Tri World and Plus are much better, although again if you are part of a club etc. Probably better to put subs money towards entrance fees!